By Anonymous - 29/04/2012 03:00 - United States - Winchester

Today, I found out that of the three medications I am taking for depression, one causes weight gain, one causes severe weight gain, and one "might cause weight gain." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 293
You deserved it 3 401

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kodinbug 2

:( fail. Extreme fail and might cause fail. Not a good time

Hmm, you have the choice of being depressed, or the choice of being fat and happy. Which will you pick? BUM BUM BUMMM!

Comments

I know the feeling! My meds caused me to gain a lot of weight & I have no appetite so I barely eat anything! You could fit what I eat in a week on one small dinner plate! It sucks!

satansdaughter90 0

Ok just saying mostly all anti-depressants and bipolar meds cause weight gain

mansen 15

being bipolar i have to be on antidepressants and mood stabilizers. But, I am also a pharm tech so made sure I went through the side effects of all the meds and told my psychiatrist the restrictions I had as an absolute no go for what I would deal with in side effects. Weight gain, memory and concentration effects and lethargy. Why would I want to mess up my body and mind worse than my disorder? Luckily my psych was great and worked within those boundaries. And yeah going thru meds to find ones that work sux, but it takes time. I'm down to one antidepressant and one mood stabilizer...no weight gain. Also, pills alone don't help. Seek therapy too. And if your psych isn't willing to work with you and help carefully monitor you, find another, it is your mental, your right. Hope it helps and good luck.

linnie_wesker 20

Then don't take them. I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of shit for saying that but I don't care. I was diagnosed with manic depression AKA bipolar disorder and my parents forced me to take medication for it. You know what those damn pills did? Gave me a crazy raging libido and also somehow took away my ability to ******. So **** that, I stopped taking them. Either try something natural, or therapy, or ANYTHING else. For the most part modern medicine is complete bullshit.

stoth06 1

Ya knowing that helps ur depression lol

I doubt it. Just because she knows something doesn't mean she'll instantly get better.

keyyoutee 2

I guess you should start exercising more. FYL

That is such an oxymoron! An anti-depressiant that makes you gain wieght.

thewickedwitch 6

I feel for you. Seroquel made me gain 80 lbs, but thankfully I've lost most of it. you should really bring this to your dr's attention and see if he can change them. I also believe there is no reason you should have to take 3 different meds. Do you really trust your doctor? I was going to a quack that had me on so many different things, I could barely stay conscious. Good luck hun!

Hope you'll get better soon. :-) depression sucks