By Anonymous - 29/04/2012 03:00 - United States - Winchester

Today, I found out that of the three medications I am taking for depression, one causes weight gain, one causes severe weight gain, and one "might cause weight gain." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 293
You deserved it 3 401

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kodinbug 2

:( fail. Extreme fail and might cause fail. Not a good time

Hmm, you have the choice of being depressed, or the choice of being fat and happy. Which will you pick? BUM BUM BUMMM!

Comments

mandahoney 0

Do all your research on your meds. Don"t always trust your doctor. I know that sounds horrible, but that's just how it is anymore. I agree with some of the others here. Three meds for depression seems odd. Especially since after a while you're normally switched, as one will eventually not be as effective. Then are they gonna put you on three new ones? Not just that, but it generally takes a month for antidepressants to build and really take full effect. Your whole situation is just off. Good luck!

YeahCourse 4

Just roll up some bud my depression mess have me panic attacks and seizures so **** it ull be alright just try to ind an alternative whatever it may be

I think you can get a cannabis prescription for depression so smoke up!

As someone who had to deal with depression for years, I must tell you that no "magic pill" will solve your personal problems. They just deal with the chemical imbalance, the pain. Once you stop taking the pills, your depression will come back even worse. You're just subjecting yourself to an unhealthy addiction. You have to attack the underlying problems that are the real cause of your depression. No, you just can't forget about them. That's what you're trying to do with your pills, but it's not going to do. Your problems will still be there. Do something about your life. That's the only way out of depression. I'm glad I never took any medication. It would have been worse in the end.

Iknoweverything 29

Exactly! I used to be on 8 medications for depression... all it did was make me numb. So when the bad days got worse, those days were seen as the worst of my life. Although if someone needs a mild one, I would say there's nothing wrong with having ONE. But it seems like everyone believes a magic pill is going to make people better... I found out the hard way, it didn't. I just quit living and started existing. ACCUPUNCTURE on the other hand... that helped me way more than any of the pills did.

Well, weight gain kind of equals depression./:

SwtCherryPie 26

First and foremost, pills DO NOT work in the long run. They are a temporary fix to make life livable at the moment. They do not actually fix any problems. I dealt with depression for years. It is kind of a trap. You don't confront what is causing your problems because you feel like no one cares. In turn, that just sends the spiral downward because all those negative feeling are being bottled up inside you, eating away at you. The worse you feel, the less you think people care... then the depression deepens. It is a vicious cycle. And YES it is very hard to break, but it can be done. If a side effect of the pills is weight gain, I can guarantee it will make you more depressed than you already are. The side effects of all these drugs they wanna shove down our throats is generally worse than whatever you are dealing with in the first place. Think: How happy will you be if in 6 months of taking a pill to make you happy has caused you to gain 30+lbs? As far as how mine turned out. I got lucky. I went out one night and found the man who is now my husband (together over 9 years.) He also was the person to introduce me to weed (which helped me tremendously.. with depression and my severe insomnia.) That aside he was what I needed to come back to life. He showed me that I was loved and cared about. He was and still is the best thing that has ever happened to me. TL;DR Long story short. Pills are not going to fix you. You need to find someone that you trust to talk to and confront your problems. Even if its just talking through them, you will feel better. I know it's hard, but once you get started it is a great feeling off relief to make that first step back in the other direction.

I like how you put, long story short in there at the end to make your extremely long story, seem short... That isn't what the expression was meant for.

SwtCherryPie 26

I wasnt intending on making my story seem shorter. That's why I posted it after the TL;DR part... I was summarizing for anyone that didn't want to read it all and skipped ahead to that part.

Get excited... My meds made me gain 60 pounds so I decided to get off of them and just deal without... I hope you don't have to go through the same. "natural medicine" is only helping slightly with the depression, but I refuse to be a fat bitch all my life lol

dont see why you wouldnt jut tell them you were drunk....