Dodgy dad

By Anonymous - 23/02/2017 01:00 - United Kingdom - Colchester

Today, nobody wanted to come to my graduation after finding out that my father was coming too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 889
You deserved it 462

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What is wrong with your father that causes people to avoid your graduation?

Comments

Their father is clearly not the problem here. If they're going to miss OP's graduation over something as stupid as their own father attending they should be ashamed.

The father is clearly the problem. If a lot of people will abandon one of the most important days in OP's life because of one person, the father is the one that has a problem. And the fact that OP said that they "find out" means that there must not be communication between OP father's and the individuals who don't want to attend. I wouldn't disinvite my father, but OP must think about the consequences of inviting someone who the family does not approve of.

Or, you know, the father could very much be the problem considering that him being there was enough to scare everyone else off. Because chances are that if EVERYONE OP asked wanted to go until they found out OP's father was going, that he IS the problem. Seriously, your logic is so ridiculous that it just comes across as you saying that parents can't be bad people. Because, you know, it's not like familial abuse is a problem that exists, or that parents are humans and thus capable of being complete and utter assholes.

What is wrong with your father that causes people to avoid your graduation?

jcash52426 5

Wtf did your dad do. Is he Donald Trump? Cause I would go to you graduation either!

runswithlions 3

I think I need a bit more info OP. I can't find a sense of understanding of the full situation. What's going on with your dad? Is it a safety issure or just simple pettiness and bad blood? In either situations FYL that you're in the middle of this. Unfortunately if its a safety thing then it's somewhat understandable but you can also try to make some arrangements in hope of a compromise where they can both be around each other and feel safe. If it's bad blood then that's selfish of every single person not coming or putting important milestones like this first. Definitely FYL though :(

It's your day, not theirs. Tell them to suck it up

I had a similar problem, my parents are divorce and my dad hates being anywhere near my mom (even though he was at fault for the divorce). In the end my dad didn't come to my graduation dinner,but he did make it to graduation. He just sat on the other side of the place, away from my mom. I guess just try to separate both parties and tell them that they need to get over their personal grudges at least for one day for your important, one time event.

If they were true friends they would come to support you.

Your family sucks they should be able to let the past go to support you. At least you know early on to seperate yourself from them.