By nofrickenway - 25/04/2012 00:08 - United States - Newport News

Today, I found out that my unemployed and very needy mother-in-law will be moving in with us soon. And during my conversation on the phone with her, she expects us to buy a house and my wife and I can "live with her." My wife agrees with all of this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 954
You deserved it 2 737

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You might want to go ahead and stop your mother-in-law now before you have two wives.

Comments

Tell her the f@#$ off she should be taking care of her self

So OP's mother in law wants OP to buy her a house then move in with her. Usually I advise communication in such matters but I'm tempted to say put your foot down in this case and say no.

darth1 18
RedPillSucks 31

Not just "NO", but "HEEEELLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOO" I understand the desire of OPs wife to take care of her mother (OPs MIL), but that shouldn't come with preconditions. This is a discussion topic, not a "thou shalt..." topic.

This is a time to sit down, talk with your spouse,and work out a compromise. If you do NOT want to live with this woman, you shouldn't have to. Be sure any compromise does not include things like 'she will only stay for a little while' because we all know what THAT will mean right? Offer to pitch in for expences, to help her find a place or whatever,and remember the difference between a hand up and a hand out,etc... Good Luck, and do your best to not look like an ass when talking with your spouse about this...

AnimalLover1031 8
siickman 7

Idk but i knew your comment was to me i was just hoping my comment would magically appear :/ but i guess not

jay148poole_fml 0

You need to grow some balls and tell her to do one

I told my husband if his mother ever moves in... I'm moving out! Made that clear before we even got married.