By nofrickenway - 25/04/2012 00:08 - United States - Newport News

Today, I found out that my unemployed and very needy mother-in-law will be moving in with us soon. And during my conversation on the phone with her, she expects us to buy a house and my wife and I can "live with her." My wife agrees with all of this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 954
You deserved it 2 737

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You might want to go ahead and stop your mother-in-law now before you have two wives.

Comments

Expectation level: Mother-in-law Buy her a dog house.

I would be giving my walrus-in-law a print out of an e-how "Build your own dog house you soul sucking scab of the universe."

Step One: Go **** yourself Step Two: Stop being a goddamn leech Step Three: Go **** yourself again

It's a moral obligation to repay back. To rephrase what I said before. It's not necessary to pay back your parent; however, you would be stuck to face guilt. If it's the parent liability to take care of the child. The child has a liability(mortally) back toward their parent.

I understand, but there comes a point where the parents are intruding on their kid's life and family. I know a person who supports 4 whole families all under the umbrella of avoiding 'guilt' because it's 'paying back' and yet none of those who are being helped reach out to this person to thank them or wish a happy holidays/happy birthday or anything. I understand that people go through tough times, but it's been like this for years, even before the economic downturn. They have just gotten so used to the free money that even though they ARE capable, they don't want to work and support themselves. If you tell them 'no,' then they feel they are being taken advantage of because they're "poor." WTF kind of logic is that?! Trust me, the situation can become abusive vey quick.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

The children don't owe their parents shit for deciding to create and raise them, especially not with that kind of demanding attitude. She's not even OP's mother, not that it would change the situation at all. I hate it when parents think they deserve a reward for doing something they are obligated to do: raise their friggin children. It's as if they only raised them so as to have future security once the children become financially independent. ******* selfish.

3- isn't that what the dislike button is for?

Ugh this is meant for that "kayla bitch" named person that replied to the first comment. ^_^||

hellbilly205 17

Lol! You are screwed if they team up. You better just set some allowance for your mom. You won't be able survive the tormenting of two woman under one roof. Been there it's hell.

damn,,sounds like your wife is NOT a keeper

Oh yeah. OP should divorce her right away.

3- isn't that what the "dislike" button for? Stop complaining and comment something that relates to the FML. I know I'm being a hypocrite, but you don't need to complain about the first comment. Just skip it, it's not that hard to do.

If I were you, I'd buy a farm with a granny flat down the back corner if you have to go through with this

Make the bitch buy a mobile home herself!

Hellbilly- ^ Not your fault man, the apps been glitchy lately, it seems. Also, good luck being shipped out. :)

hellbilly205 17

I know right its weird some of my comments have even just been lost into a blackhole or something lol, and thanks man!

That doesn't mean shit when it comes to something like that.