By NotAnInLawFamilyMan - 10/12/2014 14:05 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my mother-in-maw informed us that she sold her house and is moving in with us so we'll "take care" of her in old age. She's in perfect health. We've only been married for 4 months. My wife can't stand her for more than 2 weeks at a time, let alone living with us. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 802
You deserved it 2 960

Same thing different taste

Top comments

saraitkddh 47

It is obvious that she is doing this out if evil intentions so maybe try to put her in a nursing home and visit her every week at least.

Yeah it's totally acceptable to say no to that.

Comments

saraitkddh 47

It is obvious that she is doing this out if evil intentions so maybe try to put her in a nursing home and visit her every week at least.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

ya simple as that. it's your life op and your house. don't let people push you around.

Yeah it's totally acceptable to say no to that.

Say no. Don't even let her stay until she "sorts out something else" once she gets through the door you won't get rid of her. Please update to let us know what happens,

Tell her she can pitch a tent in the backyard.

Whilst he's pitching a tent in his wife's backyard ;)

Tell her no. Just because she's your mother in "maw" doesn't mean you can't say no...

It's time to grow some balls... Freeloaders should be rebuked very early in their game...

Your advice on growing balls...tell me more on how to achieve this.

man, this fml and the other. mother in maw, and then the other fml about the ugly daughter has an extra comma where one doesn't need to be. anyone else notice?

She could be lonely? Or I guess we could stick with evil.

Maybe she is lonely. That still doesn't give her the right to impose herself on others.