By anonymous - 27/01/2012 15:26 - United States

Today, my mother-in-law asked if she could move in with us. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 640
You deserved it 2 983

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She asked, so you can say no. Say no. For the love of god, say no.

Queue the endless woman hitler/mother-in-law jokes. Just say no, anyway she may be secretly nice.

Comments

Queue the endless woman hitler/mother-in-law jokes. Just say no, anyway she may be secretly nice.

Well, really, it depends on the situation.. How longs she wants to stay, why she wants to stay. If she's divorced or widowed and got evicted or something I'd hope you'd help her on her feet again. If she just wants to move in for ***** and giggles, then screw that!

lebronesque73091 12
ThisIsMyReign 4

It's about that time to leave the toilet seats up.

I hope your mother-in-law dosen't suffer from CBD (Chronic Bitch Disorder).

Did you know that if you change around the letters of "mother in law" it spells "woman hitler"?

hotPinklipstick 24

47 Yes we do, hence #1s comment.

So, like check this out guys! Mother-in-law can be rearranged to say wom- *looks at 1's comment* gosh darn it, you're good.

abbyzacluvr 5

ur profile pik is on this quote app i have...is it ur pic or is tht where u got it from?

cooldes_fml 4

Diffrence between outlaws and in-laws. Outlaws are wanted x)

Well if she isn't that bad of a mother in law I don't see a problem if she dislikes you your screwed

pookberry 4

I'm pretty sure "if she isn't that bad of a mother in law" OP would not have even posted the FML... It's kind of common sense you silly goose :D

Michael_92 20

Nah she's totally awesome. Can't you tell from the excitement just oozing out of the op?

marpay 11

I don't care how much you love your family. The moment they move in with you and your SO you start to ******* despise them.

snafubar 0

I'm sorry to hear that, my sympathies.

All I can say is good luck. You're Gunna need it

A100893 30

She asked, doesn't mean you have to say yes.

True that, this is one of my biggest fears. Luckily I will say NO! Since I know she is planning on asking someday.

I agree with 88. Even though she's your mother-in-law you still have your free will. So don't be a pussy, stand your ground and say: Hell no!

I think I would put my foot down and give an ultimatum to my love, at the price of being a brat. Her or me. She would consume my life, and make it miserable. I'd have no choice

This is only an FML if the spouse said yes before OP had a chance to say no.

So2011 4

You should tell her that you don't think there is enough room at your house but you would love for her to come and visit for a couple of hours.

So2011 4

I'm saying op should lie and say there is not enough room.

She asked, so you can say no. Say no. For the love of god, say no.

RedPillSucks 31

If OP doesn't mind spending a few weeks on the couch. "Just say no" didn't work for Nancy Reagan, and it probably wont work for OP.

Then she will use her voodoo magic and make your head explode.

Mine suggests that a LOT, fyl, it sucks to not have alone time, especially with your partner. D:

Mine suggested my husband rent a place for her and him to live together... We currently live on under $700 a month at my parents... While I'm pregnant trying to save the $700 a month... She lived with us 8 months and it's the reason we aren't on our own any longer... Just a few more months and I'll be able to buyy own place! Once I get a job after my son is here...

If you choose to accept this challenge, your only help is mother-in-laws for dummies - good luck.

I can see the mother-in-law's FML now: "Today, I asked my seemingly wonderful and perfect daughter/son in law if I could move in with them and was rejected. FML."

So2011 4

She must be old if she doesn't understand that couples need a LOT of alone time.