By Jaime - 31/03/2014 22:05 - United States - New York

Today, I went on a first date with a guy I met online. Not only was he boring, he twice excused himself to go to the bathroom and both times he came back smelling of weed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 376
You deserved it 6 815

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe he thought you were boring :/ it works both ways you know

"I was gonna get a girl, but then I got high...."

Comments

Maybe he thought you were boring :/ it works both ways you know

martialart1st18 19

Yeah he had to get high to make you less boring OP

"I was gonna eat yo pussy too but then I got high!"

babygurll19 10

Weed all have to agree, you guys weren't meant to be "joint" together, OP.

19 - I love how you chose that line out of all the others in the song.

Well, better he smoke weed then cigarrettes, IMO.

This is why you don't forget to bring a Towel!

Damn it Towelie the bathroom on a first date is not the place to get high!

Love the towlie reference but are you talking to yourself? Lol

DaMann360 19

Never go out with 'em in the first place. That's why I don't trust online dating stuff. You never know who you're gonna get until it's too late. As far as you probably knew, he could've been a part of some human trafficking stunt and you were his prey. OP, be VERY careful with meeting people online.

#24, if it's via Facebook or some other social media, it's pretty easy to figure out if they're a shady person or not. I've met some of the most valued people in my eyes via the internet.

#24 Its not like someone you meet without the internets couldn't be a sociopath.

@35: Internet 101: A human trafficker wouldn't use their own picture on an online dating site or facebook or anything else online. They pick a 'non-shady' person with a lot of available photos and reel you in that way.... I don't understand the naivety of people concerning the internet. Internet safety is huge in schools these days; at least in Canada, which is where you go to school.

I know it's right on her profile, but I love the way you ended your post. :P

#47 of course it is, actually, thanks for bringing that up. I can't even count the around of police officers that came inside a class in both primary and secondary school to speak about internet safety, but come on. I mean of course if a sociopath is trying to lure someone in, they're going to use a fake picture, but there are ways of confirming their identity. For example, if they have absolutely no friends besides you is an indication, or any pictures of themselves tagged in photos. If you're really skeptical, Skype or Snapchat is an option. They can't exactly fake it then.

Actually #47 quite a few human traffickers use social media, and do use their real pictures. There's a movie coming out about a woman that escaped a trafficking ring in Nevada, after being held for over a decade. Most of the girls they kidnapped they had met men online or on fb, and would "date" them for weeks (the guys being well groomed and not at all shady) before coming up with some excuse that they needed their "gf's" help with moving out their cousin, ect, and lure them to a storage warehouse and lock them in with the other dozens of girls, and "guards." They use their real pictures because they're not afraid of being caught. As of 2009 an estimated 50,000 women in the US are in the sex trade, with at least a quarter of that number being there against their will. How many sex traffickers are there then, in the US alone? Probably a couple thousand. How many are caught in a given year? It's estimated 24% of men in the US have or will buy sex at some point in their lives.

Maybe he was just trying to calm his nerves.

Axel5238 29

If he's doing out on a date to calm his nerves he's got to think about how much he's using. Also most places it's still illegal. Love many people think they are funny for " she's mad cuz he doesn't share heehe" no she doesn't want someone on an illegal substance, reliant on it, possibly drove while high and, high in public I've. have friends who thought that was ok. You avoid being with them in your early 20's by mid to late 20's it is really sad. Most I know are a liability and should be avoided good for you up. Though, you should've left sooner.

I agree with the second guy. Since when is it ever ok to smoke an illegal drug in public? I know someone who smoked quite a bit, who happens to live under my roof, and it's disgusting. For one thing, the smell sticks to your clothes. When I go out in public, I don't want to smell like that nasty stuff. I'm sure the person living in my home is rather high often. Wouldn't care so much if 1, he didn't do it in the very place I live. 2, If it was outside rather than indoors. 3, If he didn't encourage my family memebers to try it. I also know someone who grows it, illegally. Sorry, that stinks Op. Perhaps you'll have better luck next time, with a guy that actually at least acts like he wants to be there. People truly do forget their manners... And apparently their dates...

There's absolutely nothing disgusting about marijuana. And have you actually taken the time to look into the medical benefits marijuana has? My boyfriend happens to have his medical marijuana card and it's very beneficial. I agree it's not for everybody if they don't wanna try it they don't wanna try it that's fine. But don't bash on something you know nothing about.

Axel5238 29

How were they bashing it?. If they don't like the smell( it is strong) and it concerned them because it's illegal still in most places and if the person was growing it illegally. That's not bashing those are all very valid reason not to want to be around it. Plus if in the OP case they may have been the type to smoke before driving which is never ok.

Actually studies have shown that avid smokers (in most cases) are fine to drive while medicated. It's the "occasional" smokers who are the ones who should definitely not be driving. And I heard but I'm not sure if it's true or not but Michigan may be trying to pass a law stating that if you have your medical marijuana card you have the okay to drive.

xxrebelsxx 13

I bet you won't be going on a second date lol, you should have left when he went to the bathroom for the second time

skittyskatbrat 19

Oh, no, you don't leave him. You switch places with another female who is willing to go along with it, similar age and appearance. And then you wait to see how long it takes him to realize it's not the same person. If he's rude enough to get stoned on a first date, then he's fair game for "messing with the stoned guy's mind".

Where are you going to find a girl who looks enough like OP to take her place on such short notice? It be funnier to put a completely different girl in her place.

It's not really "rude" to get stoned on the first date. Just stupid as hell.

It's even better if she asks a woman who looks nothing like her to switch places, just to mess with stoner boy's head. Well, it's one bad night, OP; at least you never have to see him again.

Axel5238 29

If he's dumb enough to have driven there she should've used her cell to call the cops. If I was there and saw someone get busted in public I'd laugh. Most need a rude awakening that it's gotten out of hand. Hopefully, the OP's date eventually changes there habits. You want to do it at home fine smoke on your days off.

"I was gonna get a girl, but then I got high...."

Zimmington 21

"I'm still single as ****, and I know why, (why man) because I got high, because I got high, because I got hiiigghh"

I thought everyone online was a French model?!

What about all the sexy single ladies in my area?!

btw if People correct others with their english ill do it too in french, its bonjour not bonjor....unless you want to say it with à big english accent

You're telling me you've never been to Walmart?

rocker_chick23 27

Who doesn't know what weed smells like? You must've had boring friends if you don't know what it smells like.

lexiieeex3 32

Is this a serious question...

He was trying hi(GH)de from his problems

Rainhawk94 27

You must be high to think that was clever

Even without the parentheses, that would make no sense.

...You know, because he forgot a word...

Ain't it 'a friend in need, is a friend indeed. But a friend with weed is better.'? Although now I think about it, there is countless variations with that lyric. :P