By nofrickenway - 25/04/2012 00:08 - United States - Newport News

Today, I found out that my unemployed and very needy mother-in-law will be moving in with us soon. And during my conversation on the phone with her, she expects us to buy a house and my wife and I can "live with her." My wife agrees with all of this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 954
You deserved it 2 737

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You might want to go ahead and stop your mother-in-law now before you have two wives.

Comments

I'm torn... In one way you should help out family in their time of need, especially since it's her mother. But on the other hand I can understand why you would disagree with it. I'm just spitballing, but if you DO buy a house, consider one with a basement suite either you and your wife may live in, or your mother in law. That's all I got! :)

But OP's mother-in-law shouldn't expect him to buy her anything. Houses are freaking expensive.

RedPillSucks 31

Building a "mother-in-law" addition might be cheaper (but still expensive).

Lightcrusade 9

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I agree... You give in to this bloody woman and you will be whipped for life! Time to grow up and stand up.

I agree until the last sentence. It's true this generation but still sexist.

I need to kill myself.. I recognise that song >_<

Just tell your mother-in-law that you're a sleepwalker, and can be loud and dangerous..

amspawforth 4

If it bothers you so much, do something productive about it and sit down with your wife, explain that this has made you unhappy. If you approach a situation in a mature way you're more likely to reach a resolution OP.

My heart goes out to you, OP. I've heard horror stories about in-laws. If I were you, I would not only deadbolt your room door, but also wear steel enforced underwear for when her arthritis-knee-ticks-to-your-crotch act up.

an extended stay, that's mighty frightening i must say. tell the wife how you feel today.

You are GAY and you will always be dumb no matter what SAY

my sexual orientation does not determine my intelligence. perhaps you should reconsider your statement

*revised* why the **** would rhyme to OP situation. I've seen this before where the wife has separation issues from her mom and shit heads south fast. So **** you :p

yes, she may have issues, but part of being in a marriage is being able to communicate with you're spouse. insulting me won't make you any brighter, sir.

yes she may have issues but in a marriage he should be able to communicate with his spouse. insulting me won't solidify your arguement.

hellbilly205 17
hellbilly205 17

Ok well this was suppose to be a reply to the first comment not sure how it became its own comment *waits for thumbs down*

babyshaft408 8

Tellen u **** mother in laws they ruin ur life when the move in

Im so taking my mum in when she gets older, she struggled as a single mum, didnt leave my side at the birth of my daughter and has never let me down. So if I get married my husband will just have to lump it.

You might want to warn any future husbands of that beforehand.

1. that's nice of you. 2. it sounds like you're talking OLDER. this mother doesn't seem older. 3. would your mother phrase it as "you living with her" or as "her living with you" (there's a HUGE difference)