By Anonymous - 03/12/2013 14:04 - Canada - Kitchener

Today, I found out that if you accidentally step on your boss's dog's tail, yes, you can get fired. But not because you stepped on the dog's tail. You didn't say sorry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 296
You deserved it 42 363

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aligator67 12

Well why wouldn't you say sorry? Dogs have feelings too.

Comments

I firmly believe that you can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat animals. Not that you should have gotten sloppy and teary eyed, but by simply saying "Sorry boy (or girl), didn't see you. You ok?" and then giving a chin scritch, you could still count yourself among the employed. See how simple that would have been?

That's ruff. If you try to ask for your job back, you might be barking up the wrong tree.

Who wouldn't say sorry to an animal they accidentally stepped on?

iShanny 13

I guess I'm weird, I would have just naturally said sorry. I've accidentally stepped on my own dog's paw and said it before. It would feel weird to hurt someone's pet and not offer some sort of apology. But firing you for it is a bit much.

Most likely it was just the last straw.

Yeah. We have already established that they would injure an animal and not care. Something tells me they were not a five star coworker.

Since when is a simple apology "kissing ass?"

This isn't about kissing a dog's ass but showing empathy to someone you have inadvertently injured. A dog may not understand the words, but s/he will understand the tone and know that his/her pain causes you distress. I have accidentally stepped on my cat's tail and apologized to her, asked her if she was okay. She gets over her hurt feelings pretty quickly (after all, I'm the one who brings the noms). OP, would it have killed you to apologize to the dog? To your boss's dog? YDI.

I'm not even a pet person but if I hurt one by accident, I'd apologize naturally. It's like when you step on someone's foot, you say sorry automatically

perdix 29

Have you no soul? Have you no compassion for the suffering of God's creatures? If so, you have a bright future in telemarketing!

the fact that you're Canadian just makes this.

A Canadian that didn't apologize!? BLASPHEMY!

I'm Canadian. I'm also an asshole. Trust me it happens.

XBurytheCastleX 25

I'm a Canadian and an ass hole. (My picture is young Paramore btw, you chose a beautiful pic of Hayley :3)

Saying sorry to a dog, okay you could do that, but firing a person for not doing that, that's just dumb.

Dogs aren't stupid, if i bump into my dog i always pick her up and say sorry. She goes from yelping to wagging her tail. At least it makes her happy again :)