By hellnooo - 15/08/2009 23:06 - United States

Today, I found out that I puke and then pass out at the sight of blood. I am a 16 year old girl expecting hundreds of periods to come. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 083
You deserved it 7 608

Same thing different taste

Top comments

haven't you seen blood before you turned 16?

alice_xoxo 0

Comments

Aww, don't worry about it. The fainting and puking was probably caused by a combination of fear (the first time you see blood in your pants IS somewhat alarming), bloodloss, awful cramps, and general hormonal craziness rather than just the sight of the blood. Next time it won't be so bad. Painkillers, frequent snacks, and lots of lazing around under a duvet will help.

UnicornsDoExist 0

it didnt even look like blood in my pants my first. i thought i crapped my pants! altho i knew better cuz i didnt feel anything...

bexox 0

Not to mention, a lot of women actually feel nauseated during their periods. Best of luck, OP

prettykitty123 0

So does getting stabbed in the pancreas...

Themaineaddict 0

Hahahahahahaa agree with 39

Obviously seeing someone elses blood is alot different to seeing your own. Also, seeing your own period probably won't be the same because you obviously haven't hurt yourself and you're SUPPOSED to be bleeding. Suck it up.

Well look at it this way, At least you now have a reason to face your fears! :-D

You're a bloke, right, #40? Knowing what one's period blood is like in comparison to other blood is nothing to do with Twilight. The blood is in your ******* pants, it's on your tampon/pad, it turns the water in the toilet bowl red, it streaks the sides of the toilet, you have to wipe multiple times after pissing before the toilet paper stops being soaking wet with blood and you can pull your pants up again... it's pretty ******* hard not to be intimately acquainted with one's period blood. And no, it's not much like other types of blood. You want the gory details? Sure! It's thicker, lumpier, and depending on the girl and stage of the period it's sometimes a different colour. Occasionally there are mucus-ey clumps...

this reminds me of that stephen king book, "Carrie." If you get it this late, isn't that kind of bad? Oh yeah, and the whole puking thing kind of sucks too...

There is nothing wrong with getting it that late. I got mine two months after my 15th birthday. I'm just really small. To OP: I felt the same way at first, but since period blood comes so often, the feeling went away really quick. You'll be fine!

Because it comes from my ****** rather than a wound, and that is what is supposed to happen. I am not dying. That is why it is not much like other blood. Also, it doesn't really LOOK like other blood. [edit] Aw, darn it, I've been beat :c Well, you said it better than I did.

You had never seen blood before. And you're 16. Dude. What have you been doing your whole life?

kcakes12 0

you haven't seen blood your whole life? where did they keep you? i agree. natural process; got a long time to get over it. so quit crying.

Also, yeah, what in the world made you associate what I said with Twilight?

15: I have a really heavy flow, always. It literally pours out of me. I took out my tampon once and it just exploded. So, maybe don't assume that everyone has the same amount of period discharge.