My body is a temple

By Anonymous - 23/10/2023 10:00

Today, I went to hospital with chest pain and they discovered I need a triple bypass for three arteries clogged with fat. The doctor assumed from my scans that I must be middle aged or older because he’d never seen three arteries clogged so badly on someone under 50. I’m 27 FML
I agree, your life sucks 611
You deserved it 299

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Notyourmom 10

I hope your cardiologist also refered you for genetic testing???! That sounds seriously like genetic hypercholesterol. Cardio nurse here…

What's your diet like? I'm guessing you feast on those burgers held together with pieces of fried chicken and dipped in donuts.

Comments

What's your diet like? I'm guessing you feast on those burgers held together with pieces of fried chicken and dipped in donuts.

tiptoppc 19

Sadly, likely genetic considering cholesterol is now genetically linked and only meds can dissolve it. That said, a lot of other things like survival of that *IS* diet linked, and those items, short of the donuts may cause gout, not not likely cause you to be fat. Sugar/carbs (simple, followed by complex in that order for easiness to convert to fat) is what causes obesity. Animal fat cannot convert to fat in out body. Not compatible, but sugar, past 5g without energy usage or improper metabolism, cannot be immediately used and gets converted to fat if not expelled, therefore most (not all) junk food, preprocessed food, etc… which rely on sugar for taste/addiction is the biggest culprit. While atkins was onto something, his was too extreme. The keto diet follows this theory, and I can say it works. I honestly resisted doing it years ago, but 2x used that to lose weight. But I didn’t give up beer and fruits/veggies. Quality of food matters more than quantity, but there’s a lot of misconceptions over fatty foods. Unless you just want gout. The increase in sugar in foods led to obesity and diabetes. We didn’t see this before preprocessed, easily addictive foods hit mass shelves, but don’t blame fat itself. That said, sorry OP. Your life sucks, but if you eat healthy, you will be able to survive things like heart attacks easier. Be careful on cholesterol meds. Yes, less cholesterol, but same for good cholesterol which you also need if you wish the SURVIVE the heart attack. So look into that first.

I'm glad your doctor actually found the problem and will be able to take care of it before you end in the morgue. Also, I bet you will have excellent service from both cardiologist and nutritionist from now on, as well as lots of attention from your personal trainer.

Notyourmom 10

I hope your cardiologist also refered you for genetic testing???! That sounds seriously like genetic hypercholesterol. Cardio nurse here…