By dragonfyre73 - 07/01/2015 00:32 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I finally met my long-distance boyfriend of three years for the first time in person. After an amazing dinner and movie date, we went back to his house, only for him to dump me half an hour later. Not because I wouldn't have sex with him. No, his cat doesn't like me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 024
You deserved it 8 459

dragonfyre73 tells us more.

OP here, as for all of you asking how we went three years without meeting each other, we meet in an online chatroom and became close friends. we knew each for about a year and a half before he asked me out. I was dubious as to how such a relationship would work, but it actually worked remarkably well. I personally am not the biggest fan of people or of physical contact, so having a boyfriend with whom I could only talk worked wonderfully for me. We did want to meet up in person sooner, but the travel costs along with more than a few family disagreements about the relation kinda made that a little bit difficult. We actually got back together later in my stay and he says that it was a joke. considering that he's always had an awful sense of humor, it really doesn't surprise me. I just wish that he'd been just a /touch/ more considerate. As it turns our, he had realized that he'd left the ring box on his bedside table and wanted to keep the proposal secret so yeah.

Top comments

IAmzephyr 22

if you ask me that was probably some excuse. if not, you probably dodged a bullet

Comments

Zett99 2

Sorry, but I can't get over your 1st line... How can you be in a 3-year long distance relationship and not meet someone in person?

Well, obviously, it was just a "internet dating" or w/e to call it. I met my bf on the internet as well, but we met after 3 months, and THEN decided to date each other (as a long-distance relationship in the beginning). We're 5 years into relationship now, and living together for 3 years. I'm sorry OP, but u shouldn't state that you're in relationship with someone, who you have never met. Either way, I'm sorry it went that way.

Animals can be better judges of character in some ways than people, but I'm still really questioning how you went THREE YEARS without taking some time to meet in person at all. Some people can act very different online/on the phone than they do in person (plus you don't know how they treat service people/their tipping philosophy/all the little things etc).

It really bothers me on how some people like pets more than they do towarrds human being. I mean liking pets over strangers are fine but between close people it's ridiculous, really

JoSmokes 10

Online dating is so uncomfortable to me and actually meeting someone in real life makes me feel weird. Maybe that's what happened to that guy so it's not necessarily because he didn't like you and made a sad excuse but just was no longer comfortable.

For anyone asking how you can go 3 years without seeing eachother, let me give you an example. My friend has known her boyfriend for 6 years total. They've been together 3, and only just got to meet eachother in person early 2014. They're so happy together that she's even moved in with him last week! Online relationships can and do work for a lot of people, so don't think just because you wouldn't be able to do it that others cant.

all it takes is one single pussy to know about a person..you are better off without him OP...

Because you weren't having sex, it died?....[I have a cat allergy]. WAKE UP

He was definitely nailing some one else. Good for you, you dodged a bullet right there avoiding that creepy douche was a good thing