By dragonfyre73 - 07/01/2015 00:32 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I finally met my long-distance boyfriend of three years for the first time in person. After an amazing dinner and movie date, we went back to his house, only for him to dump me half an hour later. Not because I wouldn't have sex with him. No, his cat doesn't like me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 024
You deserved it 8 459

dragonfyre73 tells us more.

OP here, as for all of you asking how we went three years without meeting each other, we meet in an online chatroom and became close friends. we knew each for about a year and a half before he asked me out. I was dubious as to how such a relationship would work, but it actually worked remarkably well. I personally am not the biggest fan of people or of physical contact, so having a boyfriend with whom I could only talk worked wonderfully for me. We did want to meet up in person sooner, but the travel costs along with more than a few family disagreements about the relation kinda made that a little bit difficult. We actually got back together later in my stay and he says that it was a joke. considering that he's always had an awful sense of humor, it really doesn't surprise me. I just wish that he'd been just a /touch/ more considerate. As it turns our, he had realized that he'd left the ring box on his bedside table and wanted to keep the proposal secret so yeah.

Top comments

IAmzephyr 22

if you ask me that was probably some excuse. if not, you probably dodged a bullet

Comments

kimeatszombies 22

I guess he prefers that pussy. x:

yeah seems like he is used to a different pussy :p

After three years she got into his house only to find out that he has a pussy.

You've been in a relationship with an idiot for three years.

looks like you've dodged a bullet if he dumps you after a three year relationship just cause his cat doesn't like you.

Just because it ended horribly for you doesn't mean it'll be the same for everyone. I am sorry that it happened to you. I can't help but wonder if there were any signs of an impensing breakup before the cat

I don't get the whole 'being together without having met IRL' thing, and according to the other comments I'm not the only one. Yes, it's hard to find the time/money to visit each other sometimes and it's more difficult for each LDR relationship... but don't ever assume you'll match IRL based on how you match online. I'm in a LDR, and we count 'the beginning of our relationship' as the first day we met. We had feelings for each other before of course, but imo it would be stupid to be 'together' then. We're now over 4 years together (currently still living in different countries) and engaged.

saffy66 34

My boyfriend and I didn't meet for ten months, but despite having feelings for each other, we never made any declarations until we finally met face to face. We talked about it and agreed we would meet as friends and if anything happened, we'd enjoy it and then go back to how we were. The only thing we worried about was that one would feel if and the other wouldn't. Maybe that's how it was with you guys. I was lucky it worked out, and in fact we are now officially dating, but that's hard too. In the long run you may be glad it didn't work out if your meetings are that infrequent.