By dragonfyre73 - 07/01/2015 00:32 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I finally met my long-distance boyfriend of three years for the first time in person. After an amazing dinner and movie date, we went back to his house, only for him to dump me half an hour later. Not because I wouldn't have sex with him. No, his cat doesn't like me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 024
You deserved it 8 459

dragonfyre73 tells us more.

OP here, as for all of you asking how we went three years without meeting each other, we meet in an online chatroom and became close friends. we knew each for about a year and a half before he asked me out. I was dubious as to how such a relationship would work, but it actually worked remarkably well. I personally am not the biggest fan of people or of physical contact, so having a boyfriend with whom I could only talk worked wonderfully for me. We did want to meet up in person sooner, but the travel costs along with more than a few family disagreements about the relation kinda made that a little bit difficult. We actually got back together later in my stay and he says that it was a joke. considering that he's always had an awful sense of humor, it really doesn't surprise me. I just wish that he'd been just a /touch/ more considerate. As it turns our, he had realized that he'd left the ring box on his bedside table and wanted to keep the proposal secret so yeah.

Top comments

IAmzephyr 22

if you ask me that was probably some excuse. if not, you probably dodged a bullet

Comments

Maybe try a real relationship. If a cat can break up a relationship that easily...don't think it had much hope

Consider it a blessing. He's obviously crazy.

Am I the only one wondering how you date someone for three years and not meet them? Yal are weird af...

I don't know... Not wanting to put out on the first date is totally reasonable. But if my animals don't like you it's probably not going to work out.

Steve95401 49

Judging by OP's follow up comment, it sounds like the story has a happy ending.

3 years and meeting for the first time and not wanting to have sex? Kinda wierd...