By dragonfyre73 - 07/01/2015 00:32 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I finally met my long-distance boyfriend of three years for the first time in person. After an amazing dinner and movie date, we went back to his house, only for him to dump me half an hour later. Not because I wouldn't have sex with him. No, his cat doesn't like me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 024
You deserved it 8 459

dragonfyre73 tells us more.

OP here, as for all of you asking how we went three years without meeting each other, we meet in an online chatroom and became close friends. we knew each for about a year and a half before he asked me out. I was dubious as to how such a relationship would work, but it actually worked remarkably well. I personally am not the biggest fan of people or of physical contact, so having a boyfriend with whom I could only talk worked wonderfully for me. We did want to meet up in person sooner, but the travel costs along with more than a few family disagreements about the relation kinda made that a little bit difficult. We actually got back together later in my stay and he says that it was a joke. considering that he's always had an awful sense of humor, it really doesn't surprise me. I just wish that he'd been just a /touch/ more considerate. As it turns our, he had realized that he'd left the ring box on his bedside table and wanted to keep the proposal secret so yeah.

Top comments

IAmzephyr 22

if you ask me that was probably some excuse. if not, you probably dodged a bullet

Comments

you've known the poor bastard for three years and you wouldn't put out? I understand everyone's free to do what they want, but you should of just ****** him. he obviously didn't mean enough to you after THREE ******* years to want to **** him.. he's better off without you. cats (and animals in general) are better companions than people anyways.

She was meeting him for THE FIRST TIME in real life, and she didn't want to have sex. Believe it or not, some people still view sex as being special and intimate. Some people prefer to make love rather than to just "****." Some girls actually care about whom they give their body to and when it happens. Just because a woman doesn't want to have sex with a man (yet) doesn't mean she doesn't care about him. Grow up.

Online boyfriend is a different thing to a long distance boyfriend.

Everytime I see this post I die a little on the inside. This is truly the stupidest thing ever.

pharm121 21

Well not to be rude..long distance, 3 years, and it's the first time you guys have met. Yea...he probably has a side bitch.

You were only there for half an hour.. How does he know his cat doesn't like you? Did his cat tell him? Cats are pretty weird creatures.

After THREE years? Just because of a cat? That can't be his actual excuse. You dodged an unstable bullet there.

he was probably tired of you a year ago... the cat was just an easy escape. AND YOU DIDNT GIVE IT UP... girl...

I'm sorry but he wasn't really your boyfriend if you had never even met before