By dragonfyre73 - 07/01/2015 00:32 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I finally met my long-distance boyfriend of three years for the first time in person. After an amazing dinner and movie date, we went back to his house, only for him to dump me half an hour later. Not because I wouldn't have sex with him. No, his cat doesn't like me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 024
You deserved it 8 459

dragonfyre73 tells us more.

OP here, as for all of you asking how we went three years without meeting each other, we meet in an online chatroom and became close friends. we knew each for about a year and a half before he asked me out. I was dubious as to how such a relationship would work, but it actually worked remarkably well. I personally am not the biggest fan of people or of physical contact, so having a boyfriend with whom I could only talk worked wonderfully for me. We did want to meet up in person sooner, but the travel costs along with more than a few family disagreements about the relation kinda made that a little bit difficult. We actually got back together later in my stay and he says that it was a joke. considering that he's always had an awful sense of humor, it really doesn't surprise me. I just wish that he'd been just a /touch/ more considerate. As it turns our, he had realized that he'd left the ring box on his bedside table and wanted to keep the proposal secret so yeah.

Top comments

IAmzephyr 22

if you ask me that was probably some excuse. if not, you probably dodged a bullet

Comments

who the hell dates someone they've never met for three years...

its because you didn't have sex with him.

Can you really call a guy you've never met before a boyfriend, and especially one whom is not even living in the same city as you. Sounds more like a pen pal scenario to me

I skyped my girlfriend for a year before we finally met. If they can communicate for 3 years, I'd say they are just fine. Some people just aren't as shallow as others.

Animals are very intuitive and it is important that his cat likes you.

I logged in just to tell you I think you are an idiot. A 3 year relationship with someone you have never met...it's obvious this guy thought you were an idiot to

Why would you date someone for 3 years if you never met in person? Sad.

Why date for 3 yrs if you never met in person? hope your had good video chat sex at least. What a waste of 3 yrs

serslybro 20

Sounds like he's either way to into his cat or he's shallow either way it sounds like you dodged a bullet! Just take a step back and focus on yourself. Might be just what you need right now :)