You walked into that one

By BrokeasAJoke - 03/05/2022 14:00

Today, I asked my mom if I could borrow $20 since I don’t get paid until Friday. She responded with, “Why don’t you return those packages that arrived this week from your online shopping sprees?” FML
I agree, your life sucks 164
You deserved it 2 176

Same thing different taste

Top comments

slhiggx 17
Vesi 29

Out of curiosity, what was in the packages? If it was necessary clothing or care products, that's one thing. If it's just a bunch of non-essentials, that's another story.

Comments

slhiggx 17

Because it will take a while to get the cash. Why ask mom for a loan when the credit card companies will loan you money without judgment? And if you pay it back within a month, without interest, either.

wysegirl 24

Not wrong. You should be making sure you have enough funds for gas and everything before shopping sprees. Parents are not ATMs. Their job is to put a roof over your head and food in your stomach until you are 18 or 19.

Vesi 29

Out of curiosity, what was in the packages? If it was necessary clothing or care products, that's one thing. If it's just a bunch of non-essentials, that's another story.

I'll give you 20. whats your cashapp?

mohsinalam88 3

If you need to borrow 20$ while you wait for your next paycheck, you have a bigger problem. And you definitely should not go on shipping spree. I am with your mom on this.

it is for sure interesting they put 0 effort defending the purchases. seems like they knew it was mostly non-essential stuff lol.