By riddick0846 - 12/12/2010 07:29 - United States

Today, I accidentally ran over a squirrel on the road. I was late for work so I didn't stop. Later, someone keyed the word PETA into the side of my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 798
You deserved it 13 180

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What were you supposed to do? Have a funeral?

Stupid PETA. Were they expecting you to give it a funeral?

Comments

snizzlesnuzzle 0

you must not live in the country. here, we hit deer and keep going. if you stopped for a squirrell, you'd be a laughing stock.

I'm gunna throw the BS flag on this one.

Fonetik 0

You hit a 13 ounce animal with an 800 pound object going 45mph. What did they think you were going to do- give it mouth to mouth? Unless the jerk that did that doesn't own a car, he's quite the hypocrite. I'm sorry about your car.

JuniorJuly 0

Its actually a lot safer for a driver to keep going when a small animal runs into their path than it is to try to slam on the brakes or swerve out of the way. Many accidents are caused by people trying to avoid animals but end up crashing into the cars around them or onto the sidewalk possibly hitting pedestrians. OP made the right choice to keep on trucking, thus further proving that PETA members are insane. :)

It is a lot safer to not swerve. Hasn't anyone seen the Geico commercial with the two squirrels? :)

qwerty4 3

i dont see why PETA is so insane. animals are delicious.

crystalrain17 14

You should always stop (not erratically; it is possible to stop without slamming into other people... you guys obviously do not know how to drive) and see if there is anything you can possibly do. Say the driver "only" ran over the squirrel's tail? It could still survive, but it would need help. You people make me sick (and no, I am not a part of PETA).

Arschloch04 0

I'm guessing you've never had an animal dart out right in front of you.

Arschloch04 0

Forget that last one, misread your post. Though I think just stopping for hitting a squirrel is just idiotic and a waste of time. There's no point in it, thousands of squirrels die from getting run over (I see about 15 a day around here dead on the road) so really, what's the point?

ideasrule 13

260 000 humans die every day, about 400 in any major city. Do you think there's a point in helping a dying human, especially one that you (accidentally) ran over?

Ideasrule- Are you seriously comparing running over a squirrel with running over a person? What kind of idiocy is that? You and Niaa and crystalrain need to get a goddamned clue. Stop and see if there's anything you can do?? Like what, squirrel CPR? Give it a blood transfusion? Splint its fractures? If only the tail is run over, are you going to put a potentially dangerous wild animal who could be carrying god-knows what kind of diseases in your car and take the vermin to a vet? Stopping your car is more dangerous because it puts you and other drivers at risk. I'm a ******* trauma surgeon, and I know better than any of you that there's nothing that can be done for these animals. Wise up, grow up, and move on. Literally.

my2centsworth 15

Thank you, DocBastard, for pointing out that if it were still alive, the animal could be dangerous to humans. How did it take so many comments for someone to bring that up?

ideasrule 13

I'm saying Arschloch04 is wrong in claiming that because many squirrels die every day, one more doesn't matter. By that reasoning, 260 000 humans die every day, so it also shouldn't matter if you kill one. I implied nothing more or less. Personally, if I hit a squirrel, and I'm on a small neighborhood road where stopping isn't dangerous, I'd give it a quick death.

Arschloch04 0

You are comparing killing someone to accidentally running over a squirrel. Did I say it was okay to kill them? No. I simply stated that if you run over one, then what point is there in getting out to see if it's alright or if you can help? If you ran over it, it will likely be crushed and/or dead.

Arschloch04 0

Also, as you said, the only thing that you really could do is put it out of it's misery.

ninofrank 0

You should sue PETA but not for cash ask for cow meat

So long as we're clear that this did *not happen*. Not in any way. It's a stupid made up story. It's not real.