By I hate my job - 08/06/2013 22:20 - United States

Today, at work, a customer came in and ordered a "Butterbeer Frappuccino." When I said we serve no such thing, she yelled at me for "lying" to her, saying she knew about our "secret menu." She ended up complaining to my manager and demanded that he fire me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 907
You deserved it 4 305

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'll take a polyjuice potion and a blueberry muffin.

You're such a muggle. The secret menu is only visible to wizards and witches.

Comments

Pinkfun69 4

This so so why so many more people in our society need to be on Valium.;-)

Maybe there is a similar restaurant to yours that does have a secret menu? Most restaurants do have secret menus.

Lost_Ghost 8

Oh, an addendum to my other comment: Starbucks employees are in no way permitted to blend food into frappuccinos. That's not to say that some *won't* do it for you, but they're breaking health and safety rules by doing so. Just wanted to share that nugget since this (http://www.buzzfeed.com/starbucksfrappuccino/10-frappuccino-hacks-from-the-secret-menu?s=mobile) is something people apparently think is sponsored by Starbucks. It's not...FYI.

CharresBarkrey 15

How is blending food breaking health and safety rules? In that case, any smoothie place would be shut down. Also, you sound WAY too into your barista job.

Unless I'm mistaken, the poster was referring to the rule that states that we are not to add any food products that are not part of our supplies -- nothing brought in by a guest can be blended/added into a drink, because then we can't account for any of the nutritional facts or allergy information, and it could cross-contaminate our surfaces/pitchers/etc.

*Starbucks* rules. Should have specified. Though it's probably been 2 years since I had the information in front of me, I know for sure they weren't allowed to blend anything. I actually was told to throw a pitcher and lid away after blending a brownie into a frappuccino for a customer. It's because of allergies: egg, wheat, etc. It's such a tiny chance, but that's why the rule exists. I'm not too into my job, I actually haven't worked there in years. But when I did I was in management and still have several friends all over the company. The stupid secret menu crap is just one of the things that grates my nerves.

acerredrum 23

Cbroady is right. You cannot use anything that a customer brings in to make any sort of dish in any establishment. As unlikely as it is there is a chance that the food could be contaminated by bacteria or even chemicals and then get into someone else's food. In the US at least.

Well, I hope you didn't actually get fired. :)

birdythenightowl 0

There is a secret menu but not all Starbucks employees know of it and not all Starbucks participate. But I've had a banana cream frap. Yummmm. :P

People! We don't have a secret menu!! LET IT GO!!!!!

I have seriously been to at least 30 Starbucks that have that drink....

I ordered a "butterbeer Frappucino" once, but I brought the recipe with me. (I found it online, of course.) The barista was a huge Harry Potter fan and thought it was awesome. He wanted to give it to me on the house because it was so cool, but he wasn't allowed to.