By I hate my job - 08/06/2013 22:20 - United States

Today, at work, a customer came in and ordered a "Butterbeer Frappuccino." When I said we serve no such thing, she yelled at me for "lying" to her, saying she knew about our "secret menu." She ended up complaining to my manager and demanded that he fire me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 907
You deserved it 4 305

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'll take a polyjuice potion and a blueberry muffin.

You're such a muggle. The secret menu is only visible to wizards and witches.

Comments

They should require all to take a license to even talk.

Obey_StudBoii 23

How would a secret menue even make sense? Bars and restaurants are businesses and as businesses they aim to earn as much money as possible. So why would they cater things to only a few cutomers? Of course you can order things which aren't on the menue, but that's called having something custom made and there is nothing secret about it.

yellowchik 5

You've never searched up secret menus have you? They are meant for the more serious customers I guess

Actually I get the butter beer frap all the time and the workers always know what I am talking about.

I hate to say this but that's a special term for butterscotch and Irish creame... But still she took it too far...

karmaliss 18

Either a Potter fan tricked this customer to get them back for slandering the series...or you met a witch 0.0

Every Starbucks has the ingredients and ability to make a Butterbeer Frappucino but it is in no way an "official drink" because the secret menu does not exist. To a barista that has not made one before it's a syrup cream frappucino with 3 pumps caramel, 3 pumps toffee nut and caramel drizzle. Just like how a Cotton Candy Frappucino is actually a Raspberry Vanilla Bean Frappucino. You can customize any drink. Don't expect that your barista has memorized every name ever given to any possible combination of flavors Starbucks provides.

Alexis1234567 16

The secret menu is no real thing, it's just a website that tells you what to put in the drinks at Starbucks. She should have just told you what the ingredients were for the frapichino like it says on the website. What a dumbass.

You should have just made up a random drink and told her they changed the recipe. God, I hate stupid customers. I don't know how I still have a job. Once a customer came and asked me where the Coles milk was (I work in woolworths) and I told her it was between the no-melt ice-cream and the everlasting gobstoppers. Pretty sure I am going to hell...

I wouldn't worry about it. You did what you were supposed to do and if your manager is a good manager they'd shrug it off too. There's always going to be some crazies when it comes to sales and customer service.