By Anonymous - 20/05/2016 11:29 - United States - Westwood

Today, as I was getting x-rays of my arm, I heard one technician ask another, "Are you sure those are hers?" At 17, I have weaker bones than my grandma. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 003
You deserved it 1 090

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mathalamus 24

that's not good. try getting more calcium in your diet. milk actually isn't the best source of it, but its still better than nothing. tums might be a good idea. its pure calcium, i think.

Comments

deathstroke990 22

it's been proven the milk actually does the opposite for your bones, and can lead to acne, mucus build up, certain cancers etc. op rly doesnt

Mathalamus 24

since when does milk cause cancer?

Everything causes cancer these days. Just let OP have her milk!

It's not so much the milk that can "cause" cancer but more so all the shit they put in the milk.

I've been drinking milk for 15 years now and I feel perfectly fine and I've never broken a bone even tho at some situations I should have. Milk does make your bones stronger

Aky0n 10

Backing up your statement with anecdotal evidence doesn't make it true.

katachristic 19

To be fair, they're arguing against someone that's offered NO evidence. *shrugs*

To be fair, #8 is from California. According to California's surgeon general, EVERYTHING causes cancer.

Mathalamus 24

that's not good. try getting more calcium in your diet. milk actually isn't the best source of it, but its still better than nothing. tums might be a good idea. its pure calcium, i think.

calcium and vitamin D calcium alone won't help

calcium and vitamin D calcium alone won't help

Mathalamus 24

well, i got no idea what the bones actually need, beyond calcium.

tums are sucrose and calcium carbonate. so they're not just calcium, but you were close. #6 is correct, taking calcium and vitamin D supplements would be the best bet

ribx 16

Exercise is often better for bone density than calcium, lots of walking is a good way to start

Actually, its shown that diets high in calcium (2000mg) have the same hip fracture rates as diets lower in calcium (500mg) the most likely cause of your weak bones are genetics, but almonds are shown to improve bone health so i would suggest adding them to your diet, as well as eating a diet rich in whole unprocessed foods, and low impact sports, such as swimming to keep your bones healthy :)

Also if the doctor suggests you take calcium supplements, they are actually proven not to be very effective (does not improve hip fracture rates) and have some horrid side effects- id suggest the best thing you can do to improve your bone health is doing low impact sports :)

Hopefully the doctor will give you something, that will help with your weak bones.

I do too but mine is from low muscle tone from my apraxia which affect my mouth muscles too moving to make the sounds of words and arms too (should of explained this better) (going to get voted down)

I'm in the mood to watch The Curious Case of Benjamin Button now for some reason…

Get a personal trainer and start weight training. In addition to helping you lose fat, build muscle, boost mood, improve sleep and so much more, weight training also helps improve bone density.

This is true. One of the things I was told while being treated for anorexia was to switch from excessive cardio to an obviously lesser exercise plan, but one that included good weight lifting/strength training.

ACCOUNTKILLER 18

Eat more greens and beans, make sure you're getting enough magnesium, exercise regularly, don't use any antacids (you need acid to absorb calcium) and stop drinking the tap water

My doctor told me something similar, actually... After years of anorexia and extremely competitive sports for hours daily, I essentially gave myself osteoporosis and a bunch of spinal injuries. (And I was 14.) There's still some time for you to turn it around, though. Good luck.

Are u anorexic? When I was my bones became very thin ?

Definitely try to take care of yourself to avoid any future issues.