By I hate my job - 08/06/2013 22:20 - United States

Today, at work, a customer came in and ordered a "Butterbeer Frappuccino." When I said we serve no such thing, she yelled at me for "lying" to her, saying she knew about our "secret menu." She ended up complaining to my manager and demanded that he fire me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 907
You deserved it 4 305

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'll take a polyjuice potion and a blueberry muffin.

You're such a muggle. The secret menu is only visible to wizards and witches.

Comments

txgirl2013 14

It's on the secret menu...She didn't know that you had to order everything separately

I hate the secret menu, I wish people knew that it was made up by random people and not the corporation.

Tell that nut-job that that's not on the menu. If you have a manager that believes her, and fires you, clearly it wasn't the smartest move of a manager to fire someone (you) who can get the job done! (I don't want to sound mean or disrespectful of your work/manager in ANY way AT ALL! Sorry if I did.)

If OP is a Starbucks employee they should be very aware of the secret frap menu the company is pushing right now. Shitty if your manager didn't make you aware :( Just Google it! There's tons of combos!

Corporate is doing no such thing, dumbass. The "secret menu" is 100% outside anything officially Starbucks. We are always happy to make whatever combo anyone requests, and some baristas make an effort to keep up with the more popular "secret" recipes, but they are in NO way trained on them.

Easy there champ. I said it sucked that their manager didn't make them aware. Ours did. Get off your high horse and go try to cotton candy frap. Might make you feel a bit better. Until then, calm down.

Oh, and here you might want to check this link out. Sponsored by Starbucks. http://www.buzzfeed.com/starbucksfrappuccino/10-frappuccino-hacks-from-the-secret-menu?s=mobile learn away you hostile frap fiend!

1) The cotton candy frappuccino is ******* disgusting. If I want something random it's going to be a frozen Caramel Apple Spice. To make a tall: Apple juice to the second line, one pump caramel and one pump cinnamon dolce, regular pumps cream base and tall scoop of ice. Whipped cream and caramel on top. Try it; it will change your life. 2) Can I assume by the use of "our" that you work at a Starbucks? Who in the HELL told you guys corporate was pushing a secret menu? It's great that your manager made you aware so you wouldn't be confused, but I promise, corporate didn't ask him/her to.

Dude, again, really admire the frap passion, but you need to chill out. Visit this Starbuck's sponsored link: http://www.buzzfeed.com/starbucksfrappuccino/10-frappuccino-hacks-from-the-secret-menu?s=mobile it was something that was coming up a lot in the location I work at, and our manager made us aware of it. Time to walk away from this one though - thanks for the entertainment!

Wow. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were mislead, not stupid. No more! What on earth makes you think that idiotic list you directed me to was sponsored by Starbucks?? What, because "Starbucks Frappuccino" was under it as a partner? The dumb, it hurts.

I would like to point out that your "official" link states: "Here are 10 off-the-menu combinations and HOW TO ORDER THEM." Even if this were an official push by Starbucks (which it isn't, it's just informing guests of some popular customization tactics), anyone using it as a guide should be literate enough to get that you order it as instructed.

alex540150 9

There is actually a "secret menu," in a way, but you have to order certain frappes with certain syrups, not order the name and expect the barista to know every combo! :)

Even if there was a "secret menu," I was told that if I wanted to order off of it that I had to basically tell the barista what was in the drink and not just tell them the name... Some "secret menu" -_-

Please please PLEASE, for the love of all that is sane, take my word on this: any secret menu found online is NOT in ANY WAY sponsored by Starbucks. The baristas are not trained on it, and though many are aware these "secret" recipes exist, they only remember a) the ones they like and b) the really popular ones. It's simple, IF YOU THINK A DRINK ON THE "SECRET MENU" SOUNDS GOOD, WRITE IT DOWN!!! Customers are perfectly welcome to customize their drinks in nearly any fashion, just be aware that your neighborhood barista probably has not memorized dozens of random drinks that are requested maybe once every 3 months. It's ridiculous to expect them to.

NudeSuitSquad 7

Sounds like a shitty shift

This is a situation where the customer is NOT always right...