By I hate my job - 08/06/2013 22:20 - United States

Today, at work, a customer came in and ordered a "Butterbeer Frappuccino." When I said we serve no such thing, she yelled at me for "lying" to her, saying she knew about our "secret menu." She ended up complaining to my manager and demanded that he fire me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 907
You deserved it 4 305

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'll take a polyjuice potion and a blueberry muffin.

You're such a muggle. The secret menu is only visible to wizards and witches.

Comments

Yeahhh, this so-called "secret menu" is bogus. It's just an assortment of custom frappuccinos that have become popular enough to have a public following. Just because someone has assembled them into a "secret menu" compilation doesn't make them official in any way. Some places are pushing them because their clientele orders them more frequently, but it's in no way Starbucks sponsored. Have I heard of several of these so called secret drinks? Yes, and we make them all the time at my store. Does that mean that it's okay for someone to ignorantly assume that everyone knows these custom drinks despite them being unofficial? No, not remotely. Common courtesy, guys - know what you're ordering.

omnicakes 4

I also work at a Starbucks. The secret menu is a real thing but we are not trained with it. It is simply a list of made up drinks the baristas came up with just playing around with different syrups. Starbucks cannot teach us the drinks because the company does not own the recipes or names of the drinks. The only reason they are associated with Starbucks is because they were made using Starbucks syrup flavors. Other than that, Starbucks itself has nothing to do with the secret menu.

bemp87 3

I had this same situation about a month ago where a customer told me I deserve to be fired, so I told her I was sorry she felt that way but that was not going to happen and that I would not be able to help and so she left mad. dont worry ypurself with pricks like this!

Starbucks is not pushing the secret menu, customers are. I'm a Starbucks employee, if you want a 'secret menu' drink, you HAVE to order a custom drink.

Stupid muggles ;-p cant understand what we want

To be fair all she really needed was the password, nuts on the road.

oh really. I've been to diagon alley! y u no serve me butter beer?!

There is a drink invented by a barista that made the rounds on Tumblr a while back called the Butterbeer Frappucino. Complete with instructions on how to make it. Punch 'butterbeer frap tumblr' into google and see for yourself. The demanding someone be fired over it is a bit over the top though.

acerredrum 23

It is very over the top. It isn't an actual Starbucks recipe it is a custom frappe that has gotten popular.

Hmm... Perhaps convince your manager in secret for the next time that lady came back to make her a "special frapp." With the nastiest edible ingredients combined.