By I hate my job - 08/06/2013 22:20 - United States

Today, at work, a customer came in and ordered a "Butterbeer Frappuccino." When I said we serve no such thing, she yelled at me for "lying" to her, saying she knew about our "secret menu." She ended up complaining to my manager and demanded that he fire me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 907
You deserved it 4 305

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'll take a polyjuice potion and a blueberry muffin.

You're such a muggle. The secret menu is only visible to wizards and witches.

Comments

floatablebullet 7

I would've taken 2 tablespoons of butter and a beer and mixed them in with a frappuccino and make myself one too

needsagf14 12

So do you work at The Three Broomsticks Cafe?

LookAttMyyLifee 12

I would tell her , do i look like ******* harry potter ? &' tell her to stfu.

gothmo 8

Because that makes more sense than calmly explaining what goes into the drink... People are gross :/ Retail/customer service is gross.

If that was real,it would taste really bad.

*Drools* I found out how to make it, based on the grande size: -Do a creme frappucino base with whole milk -Add three pumps of caramel syrup -Add three pumps of toffee nut syrup, as well -Whipped cream with caramel drizzle. (Just because they work there does not mean they know allllll the recipes possible. xD Just make sure you bring in a recipie if you want it bad enough if you found an odd one online.)

hellox3howlow 17

Actually, if you work at Starbucks, there IS a secret menu that you could find on the Internet. You can't expect that every employee would know how to make every secret menu item (or any at all). They're pretty simple to make, so just google the menu and tell them how to make it.

No. There are a few menu items that are no longer there but we can still make (blended strawberry lemonade, for instance), but the "secret menu" bullshit you see going around the internet is false. We can make whatever you want, but you have to know what goes in it--there's no such thing as a "cotton candy frappucino" or "butterbeer frappucino." I hate that people are claiming there's a secret menu.

CookieLovesBoo 16

Butter beer? Sounds gross .

I hate that stupid "secret menu" crap... Some customers are so rude...

Assuming you work at Starbucks, google Starbucks secret menu. There is one, however I don't think it's something every single worker is trained to know how to make or even told about. It's ALL OVER pinterest and some of the recipes are becoming a thing. It would probably be beneficial to print out and bring in. Might even get you brownie points with your boss.

Agreed. While he/she can't be expected to memorize all sorts of unofficial combinations people have made up, it might not be a bad idea to familiarize themselves with some fun ones, in light of this situation.