Thanks Mom

By megangubler - 26/05/2014 22:34 - United States - Schaumburg

Today, my mom insisted on making my lunch. She didn't know that knives are banned at my high school, and packed me a steak knife for cream cheese. I'm now suspended for 7 days, and she refuses to say that she did anything wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 686
You deserved it 5 282

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comet_Candy 23

Gosh, why didn't she just pack a plastic knife or something :/. Maybe just a spoon... FYL, OP!

Wow man, schools are harsh! Hope your mum sticks up for you eventually. FYL.

Comments

the school has some seriously messed up rules! no allowed to bring a knife? sad sad sad!

So you'd rather schools allow bringing weapons to school? It might just be a steak knife but it can do some serious damage to a person if someone got mad and started slicing people. Rules are set to protect the kids.

rules are set to protect kids, sure but dont overshoot that crap. use common sense! why on earth would soneone get mad and start slicing people??? i have a knife on me all the time and you know what: i never "sliced" anyone! i have been mad plenty of times though. had the occasionsl fight even but never once did i consider "slicing" anyone. the kid that wants to hurt someone will do so, and you will find a pencil or some scissors can do plenty damage

Welcome to the Home of the Brave and Land of Paranoia

But, if YOU knew that the knife was bad, why would you even remove it from the bag/sack/container? Wouldn't the more intelligent option be to leave it in secret rather than wave it around? (Im aware he didn't actually wave it around)

The only thing I can figure is that OP is either really dumb or has to go through a metal detector to get inside. I'm really hoping it's the second one.

#67, I'm presuming one of the other kids saw it and reported it.

dDailydDosage 8

Since it is her fault she should take the wrap like a good parent. I don't understand why she couldn't send a butter knife instead but whatever. What's done is done and op shouldn't get in so much trouble for something like this.

JakTheStripper 10

A steak knife.. For cream cheese..

Not sure about elsewhere, but when I was in school, knives of any kind were not allowed (except plastic utensils), nor could you bring a water gun to school. How would your mom not know this?Assuming you are in high school, she should know your school districts policies for things like that.

Easy fix. Get your father involved. moms

If she didn't know then it wasn't her fault. She was trying to do something nice, give her a break!

i didn't know if I shoved that person they would lose their grip fall down the stairs and would have to pass in a bag the rest of their awful life. oh well not my fault Tra la la. or to put it another way ignorance is not a defence.

cas17 9

#85 that's completely different and you know it. She didn't push him down the stairs. She packed his lunch for him. If it's that much of a problem, he should do it himself instead of bitch about it.