Thanks Mom

By megangubler - 26/05/2014 22:34 - United States - Schaumburg

Today, my mom insisted on making my lunch. She didn't know that knives are banned at my high school, and packed me a steak knife for cream cheese. I'm now suspended for 7 days, and she refuses to say that she did anything wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 686
You deserved it 5 282

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comet_Candy 23

Gosh, why didn't she just pack a plastic knife or something :/. Maybe just a spoon... FYL, OP!

Wow man, schools are harsh! Hope your mum sticks up for you eventually. FYL.

Comments

im jealous you have a mother who packs you lunch. I cant remember a time when my mom EVER did..

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Ha exactly right!!! learn to be more independent and this type of stuff doesn't happen!! And so what if she won't take responsibility, I bet she has other shit to deal with besides her whining kid! Grow a pair buddy!

she insisted to pack it. Not only that, but she then refused to take responsibility.

I'm sorry you got suspended for cutting the cheese. ):

I blame the schools. The same institutions that suspend kids from pointing an index finger while making gun sounds or biting a pop tart to look like one. It's ridiculous how these schools are acting

I'm not a proponent of zero tolerance policies-- after fifteen years of teaching in the American public school system I've seen a lot of injustices because of zero tolerance. But blaming the schools is incredibly short sighted. Schools are pressured to institute these kinds of policies because it appeases parents and voters-- not because educators believe they work. And honestly, if OP had accidentally injured herself or someone else with the knife, everyone would blame the school and the teachers for being negligent. I just get really tired of schools being blamed for simultaneously being hyper-vigilant and not vigilant enough.

cryssycakesx3 22

it's ridiculous how these kids are acting.

It doesn't take much common sense to realise you shouldn't have a sharp, serrated steak knife in a school. But then again, this is 'Murica, where giving everyone guns makes it safe, and kids taking guns to school is a regular occurence.

It was a steak knife, good reading.

Unless you waved it around and made threats or were otherwise being unsafe I dont know why they didnt just take it away and toss it. Schools are absolutely ridiculous. Any rule that's zero tolerance results in people being penalized for dumb shit. Depending on how old your mom is, maybe shes from an era where tableware wasn't considered dangerous, they didnt eat with plastic sporks.

On the plus side, you can exploit your suspension to build a new image as a rebel and be considered cool.

if it's an out of school suspension at least you get a couple of days off lol