Barred for life

By tariel - 22/05/2018 21:08

Today, I went to my favorite restaurant with my mother. The food took a little longer than usual to arrive and my mom threw a fit, complete with kicking and screaming, in the middle of the restaurant. My mom and I are both banned for life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 234
You deserved it 412

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Appeal to the Manager; kids are not responsible for the sins of the parents Promise you won’t bring your Mom again, and say it’s your favorite restaurant.

Comments

Why did you get banned for life? Put on a fake mustache (or shave yours off if you had one at the time of “the incident”) and you’ll be ok as long as you’re not with your mom. For safety, bring a different older lady and pretend she’s your mom. The staff will never guess its you.

Appeal to the Manager; kids are not responsible for the sins of the parents Promise you won’t bring your Mom again, and say it’s your favorite restaurant.

Zachary8261 28

Why were you banned? Your mother was acting like a child, not you.

I think you need to teach your mother how a polite young lady acts in public

I thought she was supposed to act like... well your mum. Not a five year old..

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

can already tell you'd be a right pain in the ass to go to a restaurant with, do us all a favor and don't offer your terrible advice to anyone anymore.

If that were my mother or any other family member doing that in public I would be livid and embarrassed. You don’t get any right to treat workers like that, especially when it’s not a waiters fault or when there is a slow order because of a previous order. You don’t know why the orders were delayed but you don’t freak the f**k out over it. Her reaction is not justified. It is childish and shameful.

BaconForMoi 14

Have you ever worked a job before? Its not easy. Its completely possible that they merely were overcrowded. Or too busy. It's not the end of the world if your order doesn't come in soon enough. Their mother had no right to act in the manner she acted in. I can excuse it, if she isn't in her right mind. But when people work hard for you, you should be respectful of that. I can see someone politely informing their server they didn't like the wait. But throwing a fit is childish and shameful. Manners are a thing.

Lobby_Bee 17

First rule to being a good parent, apologize for your child if they are a nuscence.

Never give them a hard time BEFORE you get your food. Ever see the movie "Waiting"?