Thanks Mom

By megangubler - 26/05/2014 22:34 - United States - Schaumburg

Today, my mom insisted on making my lunch. She didn't know that knives are banned at my high school, and packed me a steak knife for cream cheese. I'm now suspended for 7 days, and she refuses to say that she did anything wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 686
You deserved it 5 282

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comet_Candy 23

Gosh, why didn't she just pack a plastic knife or something :/. Maybe just a spoon... FYL, OP!

Wow man, schools are harsh! Hope your mum sticks up for you eventually. FYL.

Comments

Seriously? A steak knife? Did a basic plastic knife or a butter knife not cross her mind? Either way seven days is drastic if you threatened someone I can understand but threatening your lunch shouldn't have caused a problem

Well that's cute... Without the "e"

cryssycakesx3 22

I remember I went to school every day with a knife then columbine happened so I wasn't allowed to carry a knife. So every day after that I went to school handed my principal my knife every day after school I picked it up no problems. knives are tools, if you want to remove every tool that can be used as a weapon easily we will be a world full of nudists

Only 7 days? If that happened to me I'd have 30 days of out of school suspension!

caitiebug1119 15

Fairly sure steak knives are banned at ANY school. A butter knife or a spoon would have been enough. I think that's all just common sense.

i agree..at every single school i went to any type of sharp pointy knifes were banned.

I brought a butter knife to school for my lunch. I got suspended for 3 days. Sorry OP.

Tbh you deserved it for not making her aware that knives are banned at your high school. Maybe if you told her this situation would of had different outcome

OP probably didn't assume that their mom would pack a steak knife for cream cheese.

You do realize even if op didn't expect their mom to pack a steak knife they still could of made it aware knives are banned from the school.

I wouldn't say she did anything wrong either, doesn't mean it's not her bad for getting you suspended though.

She did do something wrong though by not making her parent aware knives are banned. If she just said knives are banned from my school this probably wouldn't of happened. But honestly what school bans knives.

I've always wondered this, but how can knives be banned, while pencils aren't banned? I could just as easily shank a foo' with my pencil or pen as a knife. Hell, I'd rather use the pencil, keep my knife clean.

Am I the only one who sees anything wrong with a teenager in High School complaining about his mom packing his lunch?! You're not too far from being an adult kid! Pack your own food then!

"my mom INSISTED". Why does everyone seem to be missing that word?

Because it's crap. Mom didn't "insist." If it was an insisted event, then he would have watched her like a hawk for what she was putting in there, or at least checked it when he got out of the door. Pretty sure Mom packs his lunch everyday.

Last time I visited my mum interstate, she insisted on making me lunch. What did I do? Thanked her for offering, and went to play Xbox with my little brother. OP could have continued to get ready for school or whatever else he needed to do in the morning.