Scheißleben

By LearnGeographyUSA - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Kirkland

Today, and for the past 13 months, I've been living in the States. I've been called a Nazi, asked if we have electricity in Germany, and been made fun of the way I speak with my "German accent", the list goes on. I'm not even German, I'm Danish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 106
You deserved it 2 965

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Laugh at their ignorance. Or agree with their Nazi joke and let them know they could be next.

I guess, when you moved to America, you did Nazi that coming.

Comments

JAMSM 6

Swedes >.> NORWAY FTW. Denmark exists, and is second only to Norway.

sdh715 6

I'm sorry, but your green hair makes it really hard to take you seriously.

Should have come to Canada. We are like America, with less morons.

And we're safer. The safest country in the world.

kut17 11

Canada is safe because you've only got, like, 12 people and a billion square miles of land.

Xxlaurahatakexx 9

I'm sorry. Not gonna lie, most Americans... Kinda suck. Especially towards anything or anyone foreign. Don't let it bother you. Live and let live, you can't fix stupidity

Well, that's like your opinion, man. Because its definitely not a fact.

38 - so then we can't fix you for making such a generalized statement.

Epikouros 31

You're funny, but you're not fooling me. Denmark doesn't exist, it's an imaginary country invented by Lego.

Isn't that the island nation nation made entirely from cheese? That would make you a cheese danish.

Epikouros 31

If Denmark was a real country, you'd be called Denmarkish, not Danish.

Now that you have them fooled, move on with the plan.

At least they know that Germany is not one of the states. It doesn't have to be true about Denmark though. By the way, I wonder how hard it is to people from Georgia to explain to the Americans that there is actually a country named like one of the states. Might be an interesting conversation, this one.

And a country named "South Georgia" southeast end of South America iirc. Been 15 years since a geo class...

it is not a country though, but an island part of the british overseas territories....

Well, one time I was in America for awhile, and I was asked these two retarded questions: Do you have pet beaver? And: Is Canada one big part of the states?

During my stay in the States I was amazed at how little most Americans knew about the rest of the world. They didn't know where most countries in Europe were,no foreign languages, no clue about the war going on at the time. Many had never even traveled outside their own State. And then I turned on the TV and knew who was to blame.... So much misinformation....

No kidding. I'm from Canada and when i went to Seattle I heard statements and questions like "it must be cooooold up there" (it was August), and "do you have electricity?" I was stunned that so many people could be that ignorant.

This so hard!!! US mainstream media really needs to get their act together.

Sad but true! It's shocking to me how few of us (Americans) younger than um... 35... Know anything about the world. I work in a field that we are online all day and still the owner and I know more about politics, foreign affairs, even local news than anyone else in the company. We go to company events and we have to catch the company up just to have a conversation with them! Why do we think that we will ever progress by not caring? "It's depressing" or "it has no relevance to my day to day" is the attitude... Hey teachers "history is doomed to repeat itself" lesson doesn't work if you can not show how knowing history AND modern day relate or how history has repeated itself.... Ok! Getting off my soap box now...

lopecrit 7

Americans? Lol. Please. You know nothing.

You think all us Americans are dumb and naive, but you're wrong!.You can't fool us! We can see right through you're sweet little, "Oh, no, you're quite mistaken. I'm actually Danish," facade! We know you're a Nazi! Admit it!

*your. Dammit. Why do I keep ******* that up? In all seriousness though, you can't expect people to recognize an accent they've probably never heard before. That people would mistake you for a German is understandable, however being ignorant enough to call you a Nazi and ask if Germany has electricity is not. I wonder what part of the US you're in, because the schools here are run locally so education levels vary greatly. You'd be amazed at how ignorant some Americans are of their OWN society. I once had to explain to a grown woman, raised in the states, that Easter celebrates the resurrection of Christ. Many people also live in isolation, so I'm also constantly told that I don't sound like I'm from New Jersey because people think that a New York accent is a New Jersey accent. Someone even asked me once if there was grass in New Jersey, and no, they weren't asking about marijuana. You'll be happy to know, though, that most Americans are not ignorant enough to think that all Germans must be Nazis and that electricity is a uniquely American luxury, or are rude enough to assume where someone is from based on their best guess regarding his accent, rather than simply asking. My theory is that you've simply had some unfortunate encounters with the degenerates of our society. Don't feel bad though. Just think... The rest of us Americans have been putting up with those morons a lot longer than you have.