Scheißleben

By LearnGeographyUSA - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Kirkland

Today, and for the past 13 months, I've been living in the States. I've been called a Nazi, asked if we have electricity in Germany, and been made fun of the way I speak with my "German accent", the list goes on. I'm not even German, I'm Danish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 106
You deserved it 2 965

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Laugh at their ignorance. Or agree with their Nazi joke and let them know they could be next.

I guess, when you moved to America, you did Nazi that coming.

Comments

How can you mistake between a German and a Danish accent??? Lol, that sucks tho

Geneside 8

Stupid americans. Dw m8 get the same questions except im from southern africa

Geneside 8

155. We all cant be terrorists :P

mvc3ftw 17

Play along op,tell them your name is Dr.Edward Richtofen and that you travelled back in time from ww II and that if they don't stop making jokes about you,you'll bring out your ray gun and call the nazi zombies.they will get the message and you will have a good laugh.

When I left Finland I got asked if we have electricity, if I know what a TV is, if I have a pet polar bear and if it's nice to live in a "warmer" place. I was living in freaking WISCONSIN, famously the warmest place on Earth. I just went along with it, hoping the idiots would someday realize what dumb ***** they are.

Sometimes I hate my country. This post is one of the reasons why.

Perhaps learn some German and start screaming it at them furiously when this starts. Keep it up until they leave. Heck, it doesn't even have to make sense.

I'm terribly sorry. They are ignorant. Not everyone in the U.S.A is an idiot. Accents are attractive anyway.

Jester1988 3

yeah some of us can be pretty dumb, i apologize for that, but not all of us are that ignorant. just give it time and meet more people.