Read the room

By haqL - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Mexico - Queretaro

Today, my girlfriend brought a 12-pack of beer to my mother's wake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 116
You deserved it 5 034

Comments

figures101 5

Oh please with all the things these old people do that gets reported here on fml alone, are any of you really truly surprised at this?

I really hope she's your ex now. There's no excuse for doing something like that.

MzZombicidal 36

Other than the fact that it may be a norm for her family and just as OP wasn't aware that some people drink at wakes, his girlfriend may not have been aware that some people don't. No reason to break-up over such a silly misunderstanding that was meant to be a nice gesture.

Goblin182 26

Are you dating Lorie the Cable Girl?

shes a keeper. least she doesnt drink girly drinks bro

What an awful time for a culture clash! Condolences, OP.

will89pito 5

I brought a mickey of whiskey to a good friend's father's funeral. To be fair, I know him very well, and he definitely appreciated it. I didn't make a big spectacle of it, I just quietly told him I had it in the car if he wanted a hit. And he did, and it helped the situation.

Sometimes that's just what people do. My Uncle passed away last year & we brought beer to drink as he was put into the ground. He was almost always drinking beer, so that was just something we did for him. Others do it for mourning, others do it for celebrating ones life.

If someone brought that to my mother's funeral (which hopefully won't be for a very long time) they'd be lucky I didn't dump it over their head.