Meat is murder

By meatballz - 16/03/2010 04:28 - United States

Today, I went on my first date with a girl I have been infatuated with for months. At the restaurant, the waiter came while she was in the bathroom. I ordered steaks for both of us. Turns out, she is vegetarian, and doesn't like it when men are "overly aggressive." She called me a cow murderer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 448
You deserved it 43 754

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Cow murderer" is a bit harsh, but you should have waited for her to come back to the table. YDI

definately deserve it. you should never order for someone else, you idiot.

Comments

you didn't know it's not your fault I hate ogressive people with no reason psychos you should have argued your reason and if she couldn't forgive, Jesus! leave I would have left lol

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

What a moronic argument. Yes, some women like it when a man orders for them. Also, some women like to be choked during sex. But you'd damn well not better do either until you know the girl you're with and have her permission. If a guy ordered for me I would consider him creepy and controlling and leave.

thump_fml 0

asking a girl if she likes being choked takes the mystery out of it!

wow op. how hungry were you that you couldn't wait to order? you know, you could tell the waiter to come back after a few more minutes. lesson learned.

That proves already you only wanted to get I to her pants, if you really did love her you'd know she was vegetarian. go jump into a fire.

How could he possibly "love" her or know anything about her when this was only their first date?

you don't go out with a random stranger without asking them questions about themselves Jesus is everyone in America this laid back about dating?

You also don't "love" random strangers.

monnanon 13

The cow murderer comment is really harsh. The cow had to be dead before you ordered the steak, its not like you ordering the steak signed its death warrent. Don't order for other people though until you know them and know that they will not mind. On a first date you are not going to know if your date has any allergies or even something simple like a dislike of certain foods. For instance I'm not a vegetarian but I cannot stand steak (or beef of any kind) so the steak and your money would have unfortunatly been wasted because of you not waiting for a couple of minutes for her.

agreed. I hate the taste of beef but love pork, chicken and fish. don't ever order for a woman, you should have asked the waiter to come back later. I would have been pissed if a guy ordered for me.

The OP says he was infatuated with her for months. If she's vocal enough about her vegetarianism to call him a 'cow murderer' you'd assume she'd've mentioned this earlier.

YDI for thinking you knew her well enough to order for her. That's a very controlling maneuver, sure to turn off almost any woman. The fact that she's a vegetarian makes what you did much much worse... but it's really never a good idea to assume you know what your date wants and make decisions on her behalf. Learn from your mistake and don't ever do this again - and don't expect a second date with this particular woman; you've pretty much destroyed any chance you had with her.

Why the heck did you order for her? I'd be pretty ******* pissed if my boyfriend decided what I was going to eat without consulting me. Even if she hadn't been a vegetarian, there could have been all kinds of problems - what if she'd been allergic to something in the meal? What if she didn't like steak, or just didn't fancy it that night? Or is she just not allowed to make her own decisions?

NOTYOUTOO 0

shoulda told her get back in that bathroom and make me a sandwich!

You seem like the kind of person who would eat a bathroom sandwich.

I find it strange and bizarre that you felt compelled to order for her without even the slightest clue as to what she likes to eat rather than just waiting the 2 minutes it would have taken to finish up in the bathroom, but it still sucks for you because you probably thought you were doing something nice. Well, now you know.

cookies_for_you 0

You totally deserved it for ordering for her. That's so rude and disrespectful.