Dig it

By anidiotskeeper - 12/07/2012 06:03 - United States - Hawthorne

Today, I went to my girlfriend's house and caught her digging for gold. She wasn't picking her nose - she was literally trying to dig for gold in her backyard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 506
You deserved it 3 076

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Join her, the value of gold only keeps rising!

Comments

Join her, the value of gold only keeps rising!

jesscarrr 10

Your picture just makes that comment all the better hahah

BunchieRules 31

Agreed, especially since all of the gold humans have ever mined could be compacted into a 20 meter cube.

Yeah, new jersey is renowned for its vast fields of gold.

#24 - Are you talking about the amount of tanned people or actual gold? ;D

I have a friend who buys and sells gold and silver, and just thought I'd point out, the value of gold has actually gone down almost 4% in the last 6 months..

hockeyoceancity 13

53- No facts... I hate learning durning summer. :)

Someone's watchin too much gold rush!!!

Starcatch77 20

67 - You're the one who was just annoying everyone with incorrect "fun" facts in another comment on another fml. During the summer.

50, or buried tan people wearing gold?

Well, at least she was trying to do something ... Err, productive?

GRRSOM 7

Well I ain't saying she a gold digger, but.... Wait, yes I am.

At least she wasn't digging for bodies! O.o

This is probably how she got a promotion - by being productive. Join her, OP. You never know what could happen.

jesscarrr 10

I hope so! Probably should have started with a metal detector!

If minecraft taught me anything, probably not.

How the hell did she even think of doing that in the first place ?

Been playing too much minecraft, obviously.

No way man, if she was playing too much minecraft, she would be digging for diamonds, not gold.

I say dump her, she's obviously just a gold digger

BradTheBrony 19

I'd say shut up, you're the forty-seventh person to make that joke.

Hey! You never know! She probably has a better chance of finding gold in her backyard than winning the lottery. So drop that scratch-off and grab a shovel!

No. She probably doesn't actually. Haha.

I agree. She has virtually no chance at all of finding gold in her backyard. I was using what is known as "sarcastic humor" and comparing the over optimistic stupidity of OP's girlfriend to those who waste their money on the lottery.

Keesh, it actually worked quite well. It isn't Grace's fault that you have no sense of humour. Good day.

jake3292 5

I'd rather take the scratch off over back breaking work though...

12- If it makes you feel better, Grace, I got it. However, sarcasm aside, OP's girlfriend probably Does stand a better chance of finding/digging up her "gold" (or anything of some value) than winning the lottery. She also has a better chance of just finding the money on the side of road too, as minuscule of a chance that is... :P

theneatoburrito 8

Considering you're more likely to hit four hole-in-ones in a row than win the lottery, OP's girlfriend probably DOES have a better chance of finding gold, finding silver, striking oil, and discovering Atlantis.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

If she needed "gold" hair dye then she'd be a brunette, which would mean she'd be smart, or at least not a complete moron. ;)

I think you'll find most "dumb blondes" are actually brunettes who've bleached their hair.

citymayer 7

Her hair's pink and she's being a stereotypical jerk. How does that work?

kodinbug 2

What I would like to know is, why the hell would gold hair dye be outside, under ground, and needing to be dug up. Seriously? Hair dye?

hwkfan1 10

You're in luck! She's a 69'er ;)

Why, oh why is your life ****** right now? Yes, the chance that she actually will find something is low, but there is a chance. Be a nice boyfriend and buy a metal detector, that's a more efficient way of treasure-hunting. Too bad you don't live in London, eBay tells me there's a lot to find in the Thames.

Metal detectors don't find gold. Gold won't attract a magnet and that's how a metal detector works

And another dream of my childhood is blast away...

TheThunderXD 6

This. My grandmother does this to my grandfather all the time. She would go to a casino, and say she's going to te town where the casino is to buy coagrettes. She recently quit smoking,