Meat is murder

By meatballz - 16/03/2010 04:28 - United States

Today, I went on my first date with a girl I have been infatuated with for months. At the restaurant, the waiter came while she was in the bathroom. I ordered steaks for both of us. Turns out, she is vegetarian, and doesn't like it when men are "overly aggressive." She called me a cow murderer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 448
You deserved it 43 754

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Cow murderer" is a bit harsh, but you should have waited for her to come back to the table. YDI

definately deserve it. you should never order for someone else, you idiot.

Comments

MetalCraze 11

She sounds like a real psycho this is exactly why i refuse to date a vegetarian. She should have told you up front. and as for you ordering big deal who cares?

poprockxmassacre 0

Pff, who the heck cares whether or not she's a vegetarian. (By the way, I never realized how often that word is misspelled...dang, people.) I'm not saying it's the worst thing in the world you could've done - but jeez it's weird to order for someone else, regardless of whether they're a man or woman, or regardless of whether it is date number one or date number forty. That's just /weird/. You have no real idea what she likes, and even if you did (which obviously you didn't), you don't know what she's in the mood for unless she mentioned it. Still, she didn't handle it very gracefully. I think people who are that passionate about their beliefs should make that fairly clear, seeing as it obviously affects her to the point where she doesn't seem to want to be with anyone who does eat meat. So you think she'd mention it if she felt that strongly. Or, at the least said something to the effect of oh, I'm sorry, I don't eat meat, don't agree with it, so this probably won't work out for us. :/

gammagamma 2

You should never order food for other people, whether she was a vegetarian or not doesn't matter in the slightest. By ordering for her, you're basically treating her like a child and implying that you are in charge of her. Whether or not I would have ordered the same food as a date had ordered for me, I would have felt incredibly insulted that I couldn't be trusted to order my own food.

happycupcake 0

the majority of the people posting here are incredibly ignorant and rude. first of all, being a vegetarian does not deprive you of flavor or vitamins or anything else your body could need. most vegetarians are much healthier than meat eaters because the majority of meat eaters seem to make the false assumption that just because they'll eat anything it means they get everything they need. eating pizza and burgers will deprive you of a lot of nutrients, not to mention overloading your body with fat. secondly, many vegetarians, like most people in this world, have accepted the fact that they are not going to find a person who is exactly everything that they want. therefore, they are willing to date meat-eaters as long as they are respectful. my boyfriend just keeps his food away from mine if he orders meat so i don't have to smell it and he drinks something to wash it away before kissing me. lastly, yes eating meat is "natural" for humans. hunting to survive is "natural." the meat industry is not and that is what drives most people to vegetarianism. it is unnecessarily cruel and most people would rather turn their head and pay an industry to do something they could never bear to do themselves. that being said, the issue here is not that the girl was a vegetarian; that was just an unlucky coincidence that made the situation even worse. the issue is that the op thought- for some reason- that he could decide what another person should eat without asking or even knowing the person. it would never even occur to me to make that decision for someone. it means that he is probably inconsiderate and self-centered, and thinks that ordering an expensive meal will impress someone. even if he had good intentions he really wasn't thinking about her at all and that is no was to begin a potential relationship. of course she could have handled it better but why would she want to? she probably wanted to make you as uncomfortable and upset as you had made her. that is all.

I absolutely agree with you. It makes me laugh when people say "if you don't eat meat you aren't getting certain nutrients." It also makes me laugh when people say, "If you eat meat, you're unhealthy and fat." I am definitely not a vegetarian, but I'm also not ignorant enough to think that a vegetarian can't get all necessary vitamins/nutrients without supplements. A well-informed vegetarian or vegan can definitely make sure their diet contains the amount of nutrients they need. Honestly, well-informed people (whether carnivore, omnivore, or herbivore) know what their diet is lacking and can make sure to fill any voids necessary, without supplements. You have the ability to be unhealthy whether you choose to eat meat or not. Inversely, you also have the ability to be healthy whether you choose to eat meat or not. It's all in what you eat and moderation. I will really never understand the need to tell people their views, beliefs, lifestyle choices, etc, are wrong. Everyone makes choices, and they should be allowed to. Hell, even if someone is 400 pounds and doesn't want to lose the weight, that's their choice. I may not agree with it or choose that lifestyle for myself, but I have no right to judge or tell them they are wrong. They most likely know the risks they are taking, and they continue to take them.

#192 true that. The meat industry is what made me go vegetarian. I always liked meat but I refuse to eat it due to the way the animals are treated. It's disgusting. I started out only eating meat if it was free-ranged and organic and that slowly just turned to vegetarianism. Honestly though, I think it is ridiculous how many people here seem to think that we're crazy and stupid for our beliefs. First of all, vegetarians are not the only ones that bring their beliefs to the table. Second, most of you don't even KNOW what meat factories look like, let alone what goes on in there. Go watch Food inc. which is just an overview or go watch the footage that animal rights groups like Peta have uncovered. Once you get a clue come talk to me, otherwise shut your ignorant mouths.

the_rabbit70 0

well should have cured your infatuation!!

tell her you didn't kill it, you're just going to eat it

bfffness 0

LMFAO. Who goes to the bathroom without ordering?! and why is she so offended, does she expect everyone to be a vegetarian like her?

loski87 4

and you ordered for her because???

I'd like to post an FML that says... Vegetarian. that way everyone can get their opinions and facts and nonfacts about vegetarian yes/no and whys out of the way so it doesn't over take comments anymore