Great date night

By Anonymous - 24/03/2022 06:01

Today, a coworker invited me out for a date, totally out of the blue. I had no idea she liked me, but I did my best to impress. She ordered the most expensive steak on the menu, two bottles of wine, and eventually picked up and went home with our waiter. I got the bill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 802
You deserved it 186

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You were date scammed, the waiter is probably her boyfriend!!!

Comments

You were date scammed, the waiter is probably her boyfriend!!!

It sounds like you got date scammed. Why on earth would you pay for something like that? Let her pay for her own part of the meal!

Idk, it's common to expect a guy to pay for a first date. I would, but I also wouldn't spend a lot of money, and I would only do it if I really liked the person and expected a second date, which I might pay for.

wysegirl 24

While I expected my boyfriend to pay if it is expensive that's a red flag.. I had my husband take me to CiCis pizza for our first date.. cheap and I could eat as much as I wanted..

Its not really that common to expect the guy to pay anymore though, like, 70 years ago sure but not for a while.

You should have refused, paid for your own meal, and left her there to fend for herself. Since it's too late to do that now, send her a copy of her half of the bill to reimburse you. If she won't pay, mention small claims court and reporting her to HR.

xxWTFxx1981 23

I think she just saw free meal written on your forehead. either she had no romantic interest or your company was that bad that she saw the meal as payment for putting up with you lol