Little git

By Anonymous - 29/12/2009 00:22 - United States

Today, I gave my 7-year-old a snowglobe. I had spent the last week deconstructing it, putting an action figure of his favorite cartoon character inside, and then putting it back together. Later, I find it smashed into pieces because he wanted to "play with the toy it came with." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 600
You deserved it 7 298

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SweetestSin 4

shouldn't a 7 year old know NOT to do shit like that?

That by the age of 7, they understand not to break gifts. Before I was 7, I knew perfectly well what a snowglobe was and that they were not meant to be broken for the item inside. I had, and still have, a certain nicely made one that I always thought was pretty. Her son may not have liked the gift as much as I liked mine, that's fine, but it doesn't give him an excuse to smash it. My thought is that, like any other mentally competent 7 year old, he knew what he was doing, he's just a little brat who doesn't appreciate what people give to him.

Comments

honeybeezy 0

aww. well you did something good at least!

And here I thought 7-year-olds had some intelligence....seriously, your kid really should know better...that's messed up.

DoingItWrong 0

I would suggest doing it again ... only this time, with your son. Who knows, maybe he will be fascinated with it and pick up a hobby or skill ... or maybe even a personal moral or two (like taking pride in the things he owns .... a very rare moral indeed).

It took you a week to desconstruct and reconstruct a snowglobe? I'm sure the people in China who make them take minutes to put them together. How long does it take you to tie your shoes?

broken_princess 0

finally! i was waiting for someone to say that. how can it take you a week to reconstruct a snow globe? OP, are you retarded? wait, clearly you are, since you gave a 7 year old a snow globe..

I work for a living, and take care of a family when I'm not. While I could probably figure out how to do it and get it all seamless and glued together in a few hours of solid working, maybe more if it didn't go right at first, I can't remember the last time I had a few hours to work on a kid's gift while the kid wasn't around. Why do you want to make it out like she spent the whole week puzzling over it?

TwoJay 0

#19 That is beyond a terrible comment. Not everyone knows how to put together a snowglobe correctly. And who knows? Maybe they wanted it to be special, therefore they had to put much more time into building it. And for the people who think a snowglobe is a horrible gift for a 7 year old, you're wrong as I received one at 10 years of age and I simply loved it. Kids need to appreciate their gifts more. Some kids don't even get presents, and there you sit with a simple gift and you find it okay to smash it apart? What's even more jacked up is this person spent a week to construct it for them, and the 7 year old never put in any thought of that. I thought 7 year olds knew better.

Foxyshadis and TwoJay... you are retards. "Why do you want to make it out like she spent the whole week puzzling over it?" The OP (a MAN, according to the post) claimed that he "spent the last week, deconstructing it..." If he didn't spend the entire week doing it, then he exaggerated and the FML is not as effective. I was simply responding to HIS claim that it took him a week. "Not everyone knows how to put together a snowglobe correctly": I agree with you there, Foxyshadis. It probably requires an intelligence level somewhere above "moron" to figure it out. And there are some people below "moron". The simple fact is that the OP posted what he thought was an FML, but it's not. Why not? Because IT'S HIS ******* KID! He's known this kid for seven years, and yet he didn't know his kid well enough to know that the kid wouldn't want a snowglobe and would just rather have an action figure?? Sound like the OP is clueless and creates his own problems.

ur an idiot. maybe he was making it evtra special. he never directly described what it looks like, so don't be a douche.

ExplodingToaster 6

How does the gender of the OP change anything? They still spent a week building the snowglobe.

Fragile stuff and kids don't mix well.

Erindub 0

Thats awfully sweet of you. Sorry

That's sweet. Though at 7 years old, shouldn't kids know that by now?

perfectwinds 0

I had a snow globe collection started when I was 5. I loved it. Then again, I am a girl. But they can be gorgeous, and an awesome stepping stone gift. She obviously put one of his favorite action figures in there so it would have been a great "looking back" to see what he was into at that age range. It's a great gift!! Too bad the OP didn't teach her son the value of things, though. Great idea, bad parenting. A 7 year old SHOULD know not to break stuff like that.