Little git

By Anonymous - 29/12/2009 00:22 - United States

Today, I gave my 7-year-old a snowglobe. I had spent the last week deconstructing it, putting an action figure of his favorite cartoon character inside, and then putting it back together. Later, I find it smashed into pieces because he wanted to "play with the toy it came with." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 600
You deserved it 7 298

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SweetestSin 4

shouldn't a 7 year old know NOT to do shit like that?

That by the age of 7, they understand not to break gifts. Before I was 7, I knew perfectly well what a snowglobe was and that they were not meant to be broken for the item inside. I had, and still have, a certain nicely made one that I always thought was pretty. Her son may not have liked the gift as much as I liked mine, that's fine, but it doesn't give him an excuse to smash it. My thought is that, like any other mentally competent 7 year old, he knew what he was doing, he's just a little brat who doesn't appreciate what people give to him.

Comments

I'm gonna say both FYL and YDI, because while it sucks that all that effort went to waste, you probably should have realized that giving a 7-year-old something nice would end poorly, especially when that something had a toy inside it.

Did you know that your son is seven and a boy? Keep telling him people I'm sure he'll understand your infallible logic.

YDI for taking extra time to make a gift a 7year old would actually want and play with into a dust collector

Do most 7-year-olds THEORETICALLY know not to break things? Sure. Should you leave them unattended with anything made of glass, porcelain, china, or breakables? Absolutely not, because 'theoretically' means shit-all when the kid doesn't realize how 'if I do X, Y will happen' works. Let them grow up before you hand them really important breakables.