Little git

By Anonymous - 29/12/2009 00:22 - United States

Today, I gave my 7-year-old a snowglobe. I had spent the last week deconstructing it, putting an action figure of his favorite cartoon character inside, and then putting it back together. Later, I find it smashed into pieces because he wanted to "play with the toy it came with." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 600
You deserved it 7 298

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SweetestSin 4

shouldn't a 7 year old know NOT to do shit like that?

That by the age of 7, they understand not to break gifts. Before I was 7, I knew perfectly well what a snowglobe was and that they were not meant to be broken for the item inside. I had, and still have, a certain nicely made one that I always thought was pretty. Her son may not have liked the gift as much as I liked mine, that's fine, but it doesn't give him an excuse to smash it. My thought is that, like any other mentally competent 7 year old, he knew what he was doing, he's just a little brat who doesn't appreciate what people give to him.

Comments

infantry831 0

you and your son suck. kick rocks brat

Bob31_fml 4

zero kudos for not teaching your kid to respect his own property.

Coccinelle_fml 15

I think 7 is too young for snow globes, but that's just my opinion.

glasswater 0

You deserve it for a) not teaching the little brat to respect and take care of his belongings, b) thinking a 7 year old boy would enjoy a snow globe, and c) thinking a 7 year old boy would enjoy a snow globe.

ozymandias_fml 0

YDI for having a retarded child.

psychoxxxinvader 3

Uh this is why you don't hand 7 year old glass objects. God forbid he hurt himself on the broken glass. YDI.

I agree that a normal seven-year-old should be able to understand that you cannot smash glass objects. Are you going to have them use plastic cups when they go to restaurants or eat dinner until they're 12? I'm sorry that your efforts were ruined! That snowglobe must have taken a long time to construct.

psychoxxxinvader 3

However there must be some sort of experience like this in his past. If the OP knew that he breaks things or is destructive, so on and so forth, she shouldn't have gotten him something made of glass. The child is obveously immature or mentally incompitent.

wellll it was a nice IDEA..apparently you didnt think it through enough..

You cruelly placed an awesome action figure in a glass prison? YDI.