Little git

By Anonymous - 29/12/2009 00:22 - United States

Today, I gave my 7-year-old a snowglobe. I had spent the last week deconstructing it, putting an action figure of his favorite cartoon character inside, and then putting it back together. Later, I find it smashed into pieces because he wanted to "play with the toy it came with." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 600
You deserved it 7 298

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SweetestSin 4

shouldn't a 7 year old know NOT to do shit like that?

That by the age of 7, they understand not to break gifts. Before I was 7, I knew perfectly well what a snowglobe was and that they were not meant to be broken for the item inside. I had, and still have, a certain nicely made one that I always thought was pretty. Her son may not have liked the gift as much as I liked mine, that's fine, but it doesn't give him an excuse to smash it. My thought is that, like any other mentally competent 7 year old, he knew what he was doing, he's just a little brat who doesn't appreciate what people give to him.

Comments

Well, you could've been done with it quicker by telling the kid no and watching as he shattered it right in front of you (or quickly behind your back). Even for mature squirts, giving out snow globes as present can be a bad idea.

ydi you bought some1 a snow globe. you. suck.

LOL i thought it was just me that misread "snowglobe" at first glance :P

Why would you give a 7 yr old a snowglobe?

YDI for raising your son to be a spoilt brat.

waterynuggets 0

Oh, well. You should have just given the child the toy then. Save all that other treasured bullshit for when he's older.

That stinnnkkkss. D; I see that you just wanted to give him something he'd treasure, but you're talking about a 7 year old BOY. Young girls would treasure things like that. Little boys like toys and to play with things. *nods*

iambatman123 0

Aww that sucks :( But he is only seven so probably didn't understand. Don't take it personally. :)

That would be the last time I'd try and put together any kind of nice gift for that little idiotic brat. To see a kid who's actually genuinely GRATEFUL for a gift, look up the grateful kid on YouTube who got an XBox 360 for his birthday. Through tears, he says, "Thank you! Thank you so much! This...this must have cost you a fortune!" And then you have this 7 year old dullard smashing a snow globe.

I'm sure the OP's kid would have been equally grateful if he got an Xbox 360 instead of a snowglobe. It would have been a different FML (and your comment would have made sense) if the OP had written "today, I have my 7 year old son an Xbox 360 for his birthday and he smashed it to bits."

terriibabiiix23 0

YDI for not telling him to be VERY careful with it