Little git

By Anonymous - 29/12/2009 00:22 - United States

Today, I gave my 7-year-old a snowglobe. I had spent the last week deconstructing it, putting an action figure of his favorite cartoon character inside, and then putting it back together. Later, I find it smashed into pieces because he wanted to "play with the toy it came with." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 600
You deserved it 7 298

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SweetestSin 4

shouldn't a 7 year old know NOT to do shit like that?

That by the age of 7, they understand not to break gifts. Before I was 7, I knew perfectly well what a snowglobe was and that they were not meant to be broken for the item inside. I had, and still have, a certain nicely made one that I always thought was pretty. Her son may not have liked the gift as much as I liked mine, that's fine, but it doesn't give him an excuse to smash it. My thought is that, like any other mentally competent 7 year old, he knew what he was doing, he's just a little brat who doesn't appreciate what people give to him.

Comments

capthavoc123 0

This is why you don't give little children expensive/time-intensive things.

weddingbelle 0

Most 7 year olds don't want a snow globe. They would rather have the action figure. YDI

Wlollpop 0

Time to buy bullet proof glass snowglobes.

jessica4456 0
mina_8 0

At least the kid is happy... I mean that was the whole point of the gift, right?

grampa_pubes666 0

kill him. it'll make ur life easier I promis

mef_fml 0

damn, that kid sounds seriously spoiled. so that could be your doing, but who knows. that sucks that he was so unappreciative. at 7, they should know better.

WHY THE HELL DOES ANYONE THINK A STUPID SNOWGLOBE IS AN APPROPRIATE GIFT FOR ANYONE, LET ALONE A 7 YEAR OLD??? ARE YOU ALL INSANE? If you think snowglobes are nice and you give one to someone as a present, you are only thinking of yourself and not what the other person would want. Most people (including most 7 year olds) think snowglobes are ridiculous. Why not give him a CHIA PET and a SNUGGIE while you're at it?

> "MY OPINION CAN'T BE WRONG! SO EVERYONE ELSE'S MUST BE!"

I simply asked a question: why does anyone think a snowglobe is an appropriate gift for anyone? Obviously some people think that snowglobes make for nice gifts. I don't understand why, so I asked for an explanation. No one is bothering to offer a good explanation... probably because there isn't one. AND... "most people think snowglobes are ridiculous" is not my opinion. It is a fact. If you think they are cool, then you're... special. If you have one, TwoKnives, please end the suspense and share.

I was referring to the "ARE YOU ALL INSANE?" part. They share a different opinion than you, so obviously they MUST be mentally infirm, because your opinion is infallible, right? Anyway, I think I used to have a snowglobe when I was a kid... I briefly thought it was cool then put it on a shelf to get dusty. I might've been younger than seven. Regardless, a snowglobe's shelf appeal is its only appeal as far as I can tell - people don't actually USE them more than once or twice, do they? - so it would be an appropriate gift for anyone who collects knick-knacks, trinkets, mementos, curios, decorations, oddities, gewgaws, novelties, conversation pieces, baubles, souvenirs and/or bric-a-brac.

Whisper_Says_Ku 0

Children are so ungrateful. By that age he should have realized you aren't supposed to destroy a present someone gave you. But hey, he's young. Hopefully he learned a lesson from it. And now you know to get him something less fragile.

tacoman007 2

I agree with #71, you need to buy him something so strong he can't possibly brake it. Like a rock.