Gratitude

By srsly_what - 28/04/2011 23:13 - United Kingdom

Today, a little girl wandered into the glass-cleaning area of the pub I work at. It's a dangerous place for a little kid, so I took her hand and asked where her mum was. The kid starts screaming and the mother appears in the doorway shouting "GET AWAY FROM MY BABY!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 938
You deserved it 3 524

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ladolcemostro 0

If she kept an eye on her child these situations could be avoided.

Comments

Since you're already in a pub, that's when you should have yelled out "BUT YOU WANTED ME TO TAKE CARE OF HER WHILE YOU DRANK!?"

levraea 0

You should have said 'YOU'RE THE ONE WHO LET HER WANDER IN HERE, IT'S DANGEROUS.'

chem_geek9 0

I guarantee if op was a girl, we wouldn't see an fml.

No, I'm correct. If op was a female the mom wouldn't have freaked out, hysterically believing her to be a pedophile.

Of course, there are exceptions. There are always exceptions. But you're missing the point if you think I literally mean 'in every single case.'

Overreaction on the mothers part. And, although I'm certainly not saying it's OPs fault, you reallye never should touch someone's child. People just can't think rationally when it comes to their children.

not an overreaction. imagine if you'd lost your kid, who'd probably just toddled off while your back was turned,in a pub, then you found her screaming being held onto by a strange, possibly flustered man. would you calmly wait for an explanation? thought not.

Smash a glass on the mum's head next time.

ThatLooksSticky 16

Next time, try screaming at the child instead of touching it.

For men all over the world, there is no safe way to help a lost child. No matter how innocent you truly are, you will always be labeled as the bad guy once the parent gets a glimpse at you. I'd know.

*gasp* HOW DARE YOU TRY TO HELP A LITTLE KID AND BE A GOOD PERSON!! no but seriously.. i hate bitchy parents like that. it's like they would rather have their kid get lost instead of a nice person trying to help bring their kids back to them. if that's so then... when i see a little kid wondering around looking lost i will just shrug and go ' oh well ' and leave it at that. because that's what parents like her want apparently. i feel sorry for you OP. it seems a man can't even get near a kid that isn't his without automatically being viewed as a pedophile. *shakes head*