Gratitude

By srsly_what - 28/04/2011 23:13 - United Kingdom

Today, a little girl wandered into the glass-cleaning area of the pub I work at. It's a dangerous place for a little kid, so I took her hand and asked where her mum was. The kid starts screaming and the mother appears in the doorway shouting "GET AWAY FROM MY BABY!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 938
You deserved it 3 524

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ladolcemostro 0

If she kept an eye on her child these situations could be avoided.

Comments

That's why you don't help children. Cause in the end it will always come back to bite you in the ass.

marissakmnn 0

just explain to the mother that she should have kept a better eye on her kid. -.-

love the way you call the sink a glass cleaning area. btw it would only be dangerous if you dropped a glass.

jvillan87 5

Some pubs/bars have a room that's just for cleaning glasses. It can get pretty unsafe for a child with the scalding hot steam and some small machinery.

if there's scalding hot steam it should have a door. a door which is closed. what small children do you know that can open closed doors? I bet this kid wouldn't even be able to reach the handle. and I have never ever been in a pub that has a room for cleaning glasses. most just have a sink and a huge dishwasher in the corner

bloddyhell 2

In South Africa we generally dont have kids roaming about in pubs- its generally not an enviroment you'd want your kid exposed to

hurray4jmk 1

I think you can say generally one more time...

ClingyOtter 4

I remember one time I got lost in a store and a man helped me find my mom. Obviously not everyone who tries to help kids is a rapist/pedophile/kidnapper. Sorry about that OP.

Thank you I lost my little cousin in a store because he decided to play hide and seek with me with out saying anything and a very nice man brought him back and some woman started to scream at him for touching a child that isn't his when I picked my cousin up. So I just told her to shut the **** up and thanked the man.

I would have told the lady to drink less and be a parent more. that her child had entered a dangerous area, and that she should be ashamed of herself for paying more attention to her pint than her child. oh yea, next time you will just call the police to report an "abounded child" then let her explain to the nice policeman why drinking is more important than watching your child.

tell her she could be fined for allowing her child to go into the workplace, where only employees are allowed

invivoful 10

*sigh* I work at a restaurant, and I can say that the majority of the time the parents of kids don't care to keep an eye on their kid until I manage to return the child back to the table from the kitchen or somewhere they aren't even their parent's sight -.- then the parents gets embarrassed and keep the kid at the table mostly. this woman may have been an exception to these kinds of parents, but working/observing at a bar and table area for years, she most likey belongs to the majority. (you shouldn't touch the kid though sorry.)

ReynshineCutting 10

Guys the mom may not have been drinking. Pubs in the UK also serve food. Maybe they were having lunch. However if that was the case, the mom would have to have her head pretty far up her ass to not notice her kid get out of her chair and wander off. Either way, not the best parenting. If I saw a stranger holding my kid's hand I'd probably mini panic but wouldn't take it out on them unless they were obviously hurting or kidnapping my kid. If for some reason my kid were to wander off and I saw someone with them, I'd probably assume they were looking for me. I would then thank the nice person for helping my child. Unless it was obvious that they were doing something wrong with my child, I wouldn't flip out.

hurray4jmk 1

I hour you told that bitch tou took her kids out of a dangerous place. Stupid bitch should have been watching her kid man.