Nostradamus

By mcdeez - 22/09/2009 02:06 - New Zealand

Today, I had to cover for a coworker who didn't turn up for work. He's always late for work and I was pissed off about having to cover for him again, so I said to my colleagues, "He better be either in hospital or dead." Turns out he was dead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 528
You deserved it 14 370

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Charmedpop 0

Wow. That's horrible. Hopefully he wasn't too young. Don't feel bad though, there was no way for you to know. It's a common thing to say anyways.

haha. something similar happened to me, except my friend didnt die, but his car flipped over. watch out what you wish for? hell, ill even throw in an YDI

Comments

haha. something similar happened to me, except my friend didnt die, but his car flipped over. watch out what you wish for? hell, ill even throw in an YDI

so wat if hes dead, get on with life, hes not your family so who the **** cares if he dies or not

fmlfmlfml15 0

I remember when took this class, Working with Children II, last year and I absolutely hated the teacher who taught it, and I recall my myself wishing she would drop dead. This year I was forced to take the class, Working with Children III with the same teacher, because AP Bio was full. Turns out the teacher I hated and was supposed to have this year was diagnosed with ovarian cancer over the summer and would be out for a long time. No, shes not dead or anything (thank god), but OP, it's still not you're fault, it's just a coincidence, because you had nothing to with your coworker's death.

Reyo 2

I say shit like that all the time. Same thing with the "You're adopted" joke. It's just a horrible coincidence. Act like you're ashamed for an hour and move on with work. If anyone at your office has half a sense of humor, they'll understand that you didn't actually want him to be hospitalized or dead.

how is this a fml, you dont need to cover for him anymore =D!

Thats so mean, It's horrible if someone dies. All life is important. P.s Sorry for your loss... May your co worker rest in peace.

#48, I hope you have a good life...you deserve it. All life IS important. If you curse a life with your horrible words then that is just wrong.

azhein 0

he didn't say he hopes the guy dies he was saying the guy better have a good excuse for missing

fthku 13

I don't understand your anger towards 48.

lemonademixer 7

#44- OP's sad that her coworker died... did you ever think about that?

Charmedpop 0

Wow. That's horrible. Hopefully he wasn't too young. Don't feel bad though, there was no way for you to know. It's a common thing to say anyways.

Same thing happened in my high school many years back. The students would always joke about kids being dead if they were absent.

debatingalways 0

And then one day when someone made the joke it turned out the kid really did die? Didn't really finish the story there, but I'm assuming that's how it ends?

Yer magick is indede powerfull, Dark Lord mcdeez! Now, you're going to have to cover for him forever, or until they hire a new who wishes you dead, mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha! I wonder if your dead coworker is going to be late for his own funeral.

imblue 0

the freakin iPod app needs to update quicker :/

but if you didn't say first it wouldn't look so stupid

ozone9914 2

what does that Have to do with this

Contempted 0

well, It happens. it's more of a f his life, since he's dead.. YDI for making the joke.

Jarlais 0

well, you got your reason! but expect to cover for a while now :)

emmmilyyy 0

Laugh it off. It's funny. I once heard a coworker saying that in her grandmas will she would leave her no money if she had a tattoo, and I told her to kill her grandma and then get ink.. Turns out her grandma HAD died. Poor taste comments are always hilarious.