Gratitude

By srsly_what - 28/04/2011 23:13 - United Kingdom

Today, a little girl wandered into the glass-cleaning area of the pub I work at. It's a dangerous place for a little kid, so I took her hand and asked where her mum was. The kid starts screaming and the mother appears in the doorway shouting "GET AWAY FROM MY BABY!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 938
You deserved it 3 524

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ladolcemostro 0

If she kept an eye on her child these situations could be avoided.

Comments

RainaMadeilline 0

Tjats wat yu get. Excuse ma bad grammer.

She brought her small child into a BAR? Wow, shame on her! SMH!

It probably looked really wrong but I bet that lady won't bring her kid to a bar again so you did that little girl and mother a HUGE favor while trying to do a different one

why is there a little kid at a pub anyway?

RoughDays 6

The mother should have not been in the pub with her kid. That said, taking the girl's hand was a little much. But still, you had good intentions, OP.

FACEPALM. I apologize for all of my fellow American idiots. Listen, people, 'pub' is short for 'public house'. In Europe, they are family friendly places. I can't believe how many idiots there are.

_awwhellnaw_ 45

Pubs are not "family friendly places". You can bring a kid there, but they're not allowed to be alone - they have to be with an adult at all times. Up until the child is 18, they have to be accompanied by an adult at all times. So yes, the child shouldn't have been alone. Source: I work at a pub.

my question is, why did a mom bring her child to a pub?

I currently work as a nanny, and this is what the child acts like EVERYDAY whenever something doesn't go his way. I feel for you.