Geography

By Anonymous - 14/07/2012 22:47 - United States

Today, I had to slowly explain to my boss that in some parts of the world, it's currently winter, due to the different hemispheres. He scoffed, accused me of "making shit up," and said that if I took him for a fool again, I'd be looking for a new job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 548
You deserved it 2 362

Same thing different taste

Top comments

peachesncreem 21

I bet he Googled it when he went back to his office/desk.

It's bosses like this that make me lose some faith in corporate America...

Comments

xblondexbitchx 0

who the hell do you work for

linkinpark98 23

apparently OP works for a dumbass.

Urpoppy 21

Somehow the idiots always seem to get in charge.

We get Christmas vacation for longer because it's the end of the school year.

flutter4 7

Some people just can't stand it when others are smarter than them.

perdix 29

It's summer in the Eastern Hemisphere, just like it's summer here in the Western Hemisphere. You're pretty funny, but don't **** around at work. Save your April Fool's pranks for your drinking buddies.

No shit. However in the southern half of the world, the Southern Hemisphere if you will, it is currently winter.

I just lost all respect for you, perdix. That was just... Wrong. You're wrong. So very wrong.

perdix 29

#103, that's sad, but my readers lost all respect for you because they saw that you foolishly fell for my joke. I know all about the Northern/Southern Hemisphere difference in seasons. I was just trying to be funny by considering the world as being divided into Eastern and Western ones instead. How dumb do you think I am?

perdix 29

#151, no, it seemed that you thought I was an idiot.

KiddNYC1O 20

Thanks to this thread, I was entertained.

#154, of course I do not think you're an idiot, I practically worship your comments. I'll try to be more obvious about my sarcasm next time.

It's this simple fact that makes me wonder if South American calendars have snowmen pictures for July...

Haha where I live, it's hard to believe it's even hot in other places of the world!