By Anonymous - 22/07/2016 17:19 - United States - Washington

Today, I had to deal with yet another day of people looking at my name tag and saying "You know nothing, John Snow." with a shit-eating grin, like they're the wittiest people alive. Then I had to deal with my boss telling me to lighten up, because it's "just a joke". FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 775
You deserved it 1 855

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What do you mean you had to "deal with your boss" what do you want him/her to do, throw merchandise at the customers and tell them to leave the KING OF THE NORTH alone?

I can understand how that could get annoying but it's not the worst thing in the world. At least they're trying to be funny instead of being assholes like a lot of customers are.

Comments

I can understand how that could get annoying but it's not the worst thing in the world. At least they're trying to be funny instead of being assholes like a lot of customers are.

What do you mean you had to "deal with your boss" what do you want him/her to do, throw merchandise at the customers and tell them to leave the KING OF THE NORTH alone?

I would think the boss could make a new name tag for him.

kricket5 19

So the boss should give him a new name?

Oh_bother44 11

or the boss could not encourage the situation making it worse. I'd be pissed too if someone told me to "lighten up" over something that was seriously bothering me.

Yeah, I thought it was more of the listen/try to understand op's frustration rather than expect him to actually do something. When voicing frustrations, it could just mean they need to vent rather than expect you to do something, and people dismissing it or telling you to lighten up when venting makes the frustration worse.

THE KING IN THE NORTH! THE KING IN THE NORTH!

Robb Stark was king of the north not John snow

LostInTheZone11 29

Reminds me of that FML by the girl named Elsa who has a similar problem.

I used to have a coworker named Chris who hated giving people his full first name. Because it was Christoph. Not spelled the same as the character, but he still got Frozen comments whenever it was brought up.

Just grin and bear it lol It IS just a joke... Chill.

Any chance you could get a new name badge with just your first name on it?

There is more than one way to spell that name, and I'm sure OP spelled it the way he did because that's how his is spelled.

When your referencing a quote like op did then, yes you need to get the name right no matter the way YOU think its spelled bit the actual spelling.

heatherrr17 19

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Geckosrock99 33

You're on an Internet capable device. Google it.

pheonixfire13 17

You must not spend any time on the internet ever, save for this site.

Apparently you since you know nothing...

Diamond_don 18

Many Face God is looking for servants

*sigh* game of thrones. the series of life