Geography

By Anonymous - 14/07/2012 22:47 - United States

Today, I had to slowly explain to my boss that in some parts of the world, it's currently winter, due to the different hemispheres. He scoffed, accused me of "making shit up," and said that if I took him for a fool again, I'd be looking for a new job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 548
You deserved it 2 362

Same thing different taste

Top comments

peachesncreem 21

I bet he Googled it when he went back to his office/desk.

It's bosses like this that make me lose some faith in corporate America...

Comments

Just google it In front of him, and make him feel like a fool

13- Bad idea, IMHO. There's nothing to gain by showing up this arrogant boss and rubbing his nose in it. Op might very well lose his job with that approach to prove what he already knows to this fool.

Yea, you're never supposed doubt your boss, besides, I'm sure he googled it on his own

Then again, maybe op should be looking for a new job anyway. If el jefe is this stupid next time op says he's going on a cruise for vacation he might get fired for trying to deliberately fall off the edge of the horizon.

Sadly, Google does not cure stupidity. And rubbing stupidity in the face rarely helps.

Brackman, you are absolutely right.

And Google only works if you're smart enough to understand how to work it.

BroadwayGirl16 6

Idiots... Don't ya love 'em?

14- Surprisingly.....no, not as much now that I've had my lifetime quota of them, twice over. ;)

14 It depends on if they are easy to trick.

ZippandButtons 7

The only fact bosses will acknowledge is being the boss. He's got money, you've got knowledge and a job. Seems like a fair trade.

Are we perhaps working for the same person or is this attitude sadly as common as it seems?

Tell your boss that he's an idiot and that there is a random South African FML-reader who is currently wearing 4 layers of clothing and is still freezing, because it's WINTER. You should be his boss instead.

I can't imagine how he managed to become a "boss"

Family, social networking, money, sucking up, maybe a little of the old sexy time with important ppl here and there. You'd be surprised how often education doesn't play as important a role as it should in job selection.

Heck, there's a reason it's called "the worlds oldest profession"

"It's snowing in china, sir!" "Nonsense! They just have a lot of dandruff! Now get back to work!"

"it's snowing in China, sir!" "nonsense, it's in summer right now, you idiot, now get back to work"

peachesncreem 21

18 - Actually, it's summer in China (and the rest of Asia) the same time as the US. Just fyi :)

Let him believe what he wishes. Your best revenge is knowing that he'll continue being a moron and proving it to people at every opportunity.

SystemofaBlink41 27

Can anyone explain how ignoramuses like that turn out to be bosses?

College Education... Sometimes $$$$ Ambition... Etc....

You just can't fix stupid, Op. And considering "Stupid" happens to be your boss, don't even try. Just smile and nod, best non-committal reply ever.

Wow… Just... Wow… IGNORANCE? Tell him to Google it, or better yet, watch it on Bill Nye the Science Guy!!

coolbrony12 3

Yet Derpy is your picture... I'm Derpy and I know it

MindFreakazoid 10

And there somehow manages to be a comment stream with mlp fim pictures. Isn't the Internet wonderful?

MindFreakazoid 10

84 ruined it...HE SOILED IT! SOILED IT! (spongebob reference sorry)