Geography

By Anonymous - 14/07/2012 22:47 - United States

Today, I had to slowly explain to my boss that in some parts of the world, it's currently winter, due to the different hemispheres. He scoffed, accused me of "making shit up," and said that if I took him for a fool again, I'd be looking for a new job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 548
You deserved it 2 362

Same thing different taste

Top comments

peachesncreem 21

I bet he Googled it when he went back to his office/desk.

It's bosses like this that make me lose some faith in corporate America...

Comments

what a f*#king moron... only in America...

Even if it is considered winter in some parts of the world... snow falls in the same times as the rest of us... not to mention, your boss is your boss and even as dumb as they can be, they control whether or not you have a job... dont like it, work someplace else :)

MiloBear 11

It's snowing in South Africa right now...is it snowing where you are?

You'll be looking for a new job when he decides to google it. I'd start job searching now, if I were you.

I do not believe that someone is stupid because he or she is unaware of one select fact. It is one piece of information in a great myriad of knowledge and experience. It would be accurate to state that he or she is ignorant of an area of expertise, sure, but someone not knowing something that you know does not mean that he or she is less intelligent than you in general. Let's be fair.

This is not about a random person. This is about someone who is in charge of employees and important decisions affecting a company. And this is not a select fact, it's elementary school Geography knowledge.

thenatekiid 7

People's ignorance these days.

Tell him about the different time zones.

"Ya know, Bob. You need to be careful what you say, we burn people for that kind of thinking."

Here in australia it is winter! Ur boss is an idiot! Lol