Sick day

By *cough* *cough* you're a dickface - 27/06/2015 05:48 - United States - Mckeesport

Today, I have the flu, so I called my boss to let him know I couldn't come in today. He told me to think my "lies" through better, and claimed that you can only get the flu during winter. So I guess I'm faking my pale skin, short breath, runny nose, and constant sneezing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 480
You deserved it 1 959

Same thing different taste

Top comments

although you can get the flu, yours just sounds like a cold.

Come into work and give him the flu, that'll show him

Comments

That is BS. I got the flu as well and people don't believe me since its summer.

psychopolarbear 28

Ironically enough, a quarter of my swim team and I are off with the flu right now -.-

Yeah op if those are your only symptoms I don't think that's the flu but I could be wrong

Come into work and give him the flu, that'll show him

Yup, make everybody else sick too then say "told us so..."

Come to work anyway so you can sneeze on his bitch face. Let him have it. :^)

Flu in the summer, sounds a little far fetched.

Definitely. I remember throwing up and aching everywhere when I had the flu. I don't think I sneezed once...

usheryes 9

Typically the flu is an upper respiratory infection. This can cause vomiting, but typically causes sneezing, coughing, skin sensitivity, and aches.

although you can get the flu, yours just sounds like a cold.

Agreed. If it was flu, you wouldn't get out of bed for £1000; if you we're able to go into work it's definitely a cold. Have paracetamol for your fever and ride it out, OP. Good luck with your boss.

Flu comes in different levels too. I've worked for days with something that turned out to be a flu. I then worked through the subsequent chest infection too.

Shortness of breath is usually in indicator of something more serious than a cold. Though it might still not be flu, it's probably at least a respiratory infection. Still not something you want to be working with.

Some flu strains have symptoms of a cold, just more severe

I was thinking this too. A flu is usually accompanied by a fever and body aches. I'm not saying op shouldn't stay home because of his really bad cold. I'm just saying it doesn't sound like the flu...yet. Colds can easily change to flu's and chest/sinus infections and other nasty stuff pretty quickly, and the fact that op is having shortness of breath doesn't sound good. Go to your doc op, you may be getting a chest infection or pneumonia or something if you're having trouble breathing.

#25 is referring to Tylenol for the rest of us Yankees

nattlecakes 19

So I guess all that time I spent on the toilet a few weeks ago accompanied by body aches and runny nose was just a completely fluke thing. Couldn't have been the flu!

91hayek 31

Do you have Dwight Schrute for a boss? Give HIM the flu. Then because it's obviously not winter say that it is a zombie strain of ebola. That dumbass would believe it. Troll him into begging you to kill him.

blahblah005 16

your boss is an idiot i feel for you OP

Time to go get a medical certificate I think.